NABARD Grade A English Section Preparation: NABARD Grade A is three stage recruitment process: Prelims, Mains and Interview. NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam is the entry pass for the other stages of the recruitment and has 7 sections. Out of the 7 sections, English Language Section carries a greater significance and can fetch you marks easily.
NABARD is all set to recruit 154 candidates for the post of NABARD Grade A Officer (RDBS, Rajbhasha and Legal Service). Aspirants can fill the online registration form till 2 February 2020. Also, NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam is scheduled to be held on 25 February 2020. Not much time is left for the exam, so it is in the best interest of the candidate to focus on the areas from where they can maximize their score.
You may also like to check:
- Scoring Topics of Reasoning For NABARD Grade A Exam 2020
- Best Tips To Crack NABARD Grade A Exam 2020
NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam Pattern
The preliminary exam pattern is same for all three- RDBS, Rajbhasha and Legal Service. It has 7 sections with a total score of 200 marks with a total duration of 120 minutes (2 Hours).
|S. No.||Section||Maximum Marks|
|1.||Test of Reasoning||20 Marks|
|2.||English Language||40 Marks|
|3.||Computer Knowledge||20 Marks|
|4.||General Awareness||20 Marks|
|5.||Quantitative Aptitude||20 Marks|
|6.||Economic & Social Issues (with focus on Rural India)||40 Marks|
|7.||Agriculture & Rural Development (with focus on Rural India)||40 Marks|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
Note: There is negative marking of 1/4th for every wrong attempt.
NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam: English Language Section Preparation
English Language Section carries a total of 40 marks out of 200 marks in NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam. The marks alloted to this section makes it even more significant. English Language is the most sort after section, if you once go through the basic concepts of grammar. This section is either left for the last minute or is a bone of contention for many.
A well planned startegy will help you in sailing through the examination. Strategy starts when you have a list of priority topics that will not only save your time but also help in scoring high in the exam. What is important for you than is knowing the topics that are must for the prelims exam. We have come up with the topics that must be covered for the exam with some general tips.
Must Do Topics For English Language
Here are few of the topics for English Language Section that you must prepare before the exam:
1. Reading Comprehension
2. Sentence Rearrangement
3. Sentence Formation
4. Error Detection
5. Idioms and Phrases
6. Fillers and Word Usage
7. Cloze Test (New Pattern)
Once you are well versed with the topics that are to be covered for the English Language, you should directly come to the preparation stage without wasting a minute. Here are some of the tips:
- Go through the previous year’s paper to know how and from where the questions asked for a particular section.
- Solve 20-25 questions of each topics.
- Keep a check on your grammar. Before anything else, read the basic rules of grammar. Focus on the tone of the sentence as most of the grammatical error can be found in tone, and arrangement.
- Give sectional mocks to know your strenghts and weakness.
- Plan a strategy in which fix atleast 30 minutes for English Language Section.
- Read newspaper as it will complement your English as well as General Awareness section
- Read every question properly twice so as to detect the right answer. Most of the questions will be solved in this way.
We hope that this article will help you in your NABARD Grade A English Language Section Preparation. Keep on practicing as much as you can and remind yourself that you can do this.
All the best!
You may also like to check:
- NABARD Grade A 2020: Notification, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Cut-off, Exam Dates, Application Fees, Online Application Link, Salary
- Click Here to Check NABARD Grade A Prelims 2019 Cut Off – RDBS Posts
- NABARD Grade A 2020 – Get Direct Link to Apply Online for 154 posts