NABARD Grade A Reasoning Preparation: NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam is to be conducted on February 25, 2020. NABARD Garde A Prelims has 7 sections out of which Reasoning carries a total of 20 marks and appears first in the order of occurrence. Also, it is one of the most trickiest section of the exam, so demands a specific strategy to sail through. We have come up with scoring topics and tips to prepare reasoning for NABARD Grade A Exam.
NABARD Grade A is a three stage recruitment containing Prelims, Mains and Interview. Prelims Exam is qualifying in nature while the score of Mains and Interview forms the merit list. Basically, prelims is the gate pass of the exam. So, it is important to get through this phase in order to enter the other phases of the recruitment. Let’s take a look at exam pattern of NABARD Grade A:
NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
The preliminary exam pattern is same for all three- RDBS, Rajbhasha and Legal Service. It has 7 sections with a total score of 200 marks with a total duration of 120 minutes (2 Hours).
|S. No.||Subjects||Maximum Marks|
|1.||Test of Reasoning||20 Marks|
|2.||English Language||40 Marks|
|3.||Computer Knowledge||20 Marks|
|4.||General Awareness||20 Marks|
|5.||Quantitative Aptitude||20 Marks|
|6.||Economic & Social Issues (with focus on Rural India)||40 Marks|
|7.||Agriculture & Rural Development (with focus on Rural India)||40 Marks|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
Note: There is negative marking of 1/4th for every wrong attempt.
Scoring Topics of Reasoning for NABARD Grade A Prelims Exam
Reasoning is the most trickiest of all the sections and demands a lot of practice and dedication. As per the exam pattern, it carries a total of 20 marks out of 200 marks. It is not possible for an aspirant to attempt all the question in time as 2 hours of composite time is alloted to the prelims exam for 7 sections. There should be a proper plan so that you can attempt only those questions with whom you are well versed with. Due to the limited time and marking, it is crucial for student to know what to prepare in other words, knowing the scoring topics as per the previous year’s and latest trends will sail you through this section.
Here are Reasoning Scoring Topics:
1. Puzzle & Seating Arrangement: This topic will cover 3-5 marks in the exam. Prepare this through tricks and get 3+ marks. Prepare these puzzle:
- Floor based puzzle
- Box based puzzle
- month based puzzle
- Parallel lines
- Circular arrangement
- Linear arrangement
- Color based puzzles
- Unknown number of people
- Square/Rectangular based puzzle etc.
2. Syllogism: Try to solve the questions without paper and pen. It is one of the easiest and scoring topics so prepare it well and you will be able to bag 3-4 marks very easily.
4. Coding – Decoding
5. Data Sufficiency, Alphanumerical series
6. Logical Reasoning: They have statement and conclusion in which you have to show the relation of true false and defining statement.
7. Miscellaneous: Here focus more on blood relations, directions, order and rankings, etc as they are easy and will fetch you 1-2 marks.
- Go through the previous year’s paper and note down the important topics.
- Prepare all the topics given here.
- Solve as many mocks as possible. You can solve full length as well as sectional mocks.
- Solve daily quizzes. They will act as the short mocks and will enhance your speed and accuracy.
- Analyze your mistakes, weak and strong areas so that you can rectify it before exam and can score better in the prelims exam.
- Pick the right question. Your ability to read the question and grasp the required information should be efficient. You should know which question to be solved and which one can be skipped for later.
Prepare well and keep on practicing as much as you can. This will sail you through the exam. All the best for the NABARD Grade A Exam aspirants.
You may also like to check:
- NABARD Grade A 2020: Notification, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Cut-off, Exam Dates, Application Fees, Online Application Link, Salary