Want to pursue your career with banking sector? Confused about the job profile and career aspect different recruitment process provide? Read all the details to clear your concepts.
Banking sector is gaining much popularity these days among the youth. Banking sector are increasing vacancies with every passing year. With increasing vacancies, the level of competition is getting intensified and profound. Also, the level of exam is increasing but there is difference in the nature of examination and work profile of different banking examination. Most of the student do by merely looking at the exam pattern analyses the profile. This isn’t true. Here we are comparing RBI Assistant and IBPS PO Recruitment in detail so that aspirants do not have to worry about the career aspects that is to be carried out in later stages.
Recently, RBI has recently released RBI Assistant Notification to recruit eligible candidates in Reserve Bank of India. It has a exam pattern similar to IBPS PO but has a different level of questions and work profile. IBPS PO Mains Exam is being concluded and now aspirants are eagerly waiting for the IBPS PO Mains Result so that they can give a finishing touch to their preparation of IBPS PO Interview.
RBI Assistant Vs IBPS PO: Exam Pattern
Talking about the exam pattern of RBI Assistant and IBPS PO, you can see a almost same pattern. RBI Assistant is a two stage recruitment including prelims and mains followed by LPT (Language Proficiency Test) whereas IBPS PO is three stage recruitment: Prelims, Mains and Interview. RBI Assistant lacks interview stage but has a LPT (Language Proficiency Test). Have a look at the table given below to know more:
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern
|Serial Number||Name of Test||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|3.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Serial Number||Name of Test||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Test Of English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|2.||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 minutes|
|3.||Test Of Computer Knowledge||40||40||30 minutes|
|4.||Test Of General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5.||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||20 minutes|
Language Proficiency Test (LPT) – The candidates provisionally shortlisted from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned. Candidate not proficient in the Official / Local Language shall be disqualified.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
Prelims examination is objective in nature and the medium of paper is generally English. The medium for Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning is both Hindi and English.
|S.No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests separately by securing minimum cut-off marks determined by IBPS.
IBPS PO Main Examination is both objective and descriptive in nature and is based on online mode. The objective test is of 3 hours consist of 200 marks whereas the descriptive test is of 30 minutes of 25 marks.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
The descriptive test is a test of English which contains Letter Writing and Essay with 25 marks and 30 minutes duration.
Note: For every wrong answer in both preliminary and mains examination, there will be a negative marking of 1/4th of the marks assigned to the particular question.
The total marks assigned to the interview stage is 100. The minimum qualifying marks are 40% for general candidates and 35% for SC/ST/OBC. The ratio of main exam and interview for final merit list will be 80:20.
Note: Only the marks of mains and interview is calculated for the overall merit list. Prelims marks are just qualifying in nature.
RBI Assistant Vs IBPS PO: Job Profile and Responsibilities
Before applying for any job, it is important to have an insight about the job profile, salary and career prospects of the same. Starting with job profile, we are giving you a full details of the same.
RBI Assistant Job Profile
Being a banker of the banks, RBI holds the recruitment process thus the responsibilities that one needs to undertake after selection holds the crucial importance. RBI recruits number of eligible candidates to support the ongoing challenges in RBI offices. When a new currency is released or there is demonetization in the country, Assistant has to bear several responsibilities.Below mentioned are some of the duties that are performed by the RBI Assistant post selection.
Duties and work responsibilities of RBI Assistant
- To ensure about the financial stability
- To regulate currency and its circulation and any issue associated with the said term.
- Responsibilities related to government treasury work.
- Verification of various banking documents.
- Collection of receipts, maintainance of files, ledger and balance tally etc.
- Entering the daily transaction in computer and maintaining the fair record of the same.
- Responsible to reply the queries over mail on daily basis.
IBPS PO Job Profile
The bank Probationary Officer (PO) works at the grass-root level of Indian financial system. POs are the backbone of Indian economy as most of the union/state government schemes is implemented by Bank officers designated as PO, Assistant Manager etc. Thus, the aspiring bankers of ADDA247 will get a chance to work for the development of our nation by promoting financial inclusion.
Duties and work responsibilities of IBPS PO
Other Job responsibilities of Bank PO are as follows:
- During probation period, which is for 2 years, the bank PO performs almost all kind of bank related activities i.e. from passing a cheque, draft issuance to recommending loan request to his superior. This is done to get them acquainted with various working aspects of the bank.
- After successful completion of the probation period, he is posted in the respective bank branch as an Assistant Manager where he gets to implement his knowledge & ideas.
- The Bank Assistant Manager work as public relations officer, handle customer complaints and solve various customer related issues such as discrepancies in accounts, rectification of undue charges and look into complaints regarding services provided by the bank.
- He/she takes care of the loan related documents and performs on site visit of the loan taking parties as and when required.
- An Assistant Manager can do wonders in the banking system. Generally, he is assisted by 5-6 personnel including clerk, accountant etc. to achieve his goal.
- In the era of cutting-edge technology, the Assistant Manager should be aware of all the latest developments in Indian Banking system . They are required to read all the circulars and should know about all the decisions taken by the bank management.
RBI Assistant Vs IBPS PO: Career Prospects
RBI Assistant Career Growth 2019
RBI provides various multiple opportunity for career growth. Employees have to clear promotional or departmental test to be eligible for officer level. But once you get selected as RBI Assistant you have to serve a period of at least 2 years at this post to be eligible for promotion. Promotional activities are conducted once in a two year where an Assistant can participate in the promotion process. There are two levels for an Assistant to get promoted to RBI Grade A officer level.
Willing employees will have to clear a written test , clearing after which he will be promoted to next level on the basis of seniority or work experience.
1. One can clear JAIIB or CAIIB exam conducted by Indian institute of Banking and Finance. But having a graduate degree is must.
2. Growth in RBI takes place in various form. You may expect to become Officer in RBI in few years.
- RBI Assistant
- RBI Grade A officer
- RBI Grade B officer
- RBI Grade C officer
- RBI Grade D officer
IBPS PO Career Prospects
As discussed, the job of Bank Probationary Officer (PO) offers great career prospects as well as lucrative salary. Sky is the limit in terms of professional growth. With hard work & perseverance one can reach at apex posts of the respective bank.
After Probation period the respective bank official is appointed as Assistant Manager and the hierarchy is as follows:
- Deputy Manager
- Branch Manager
- Senior Branch Manager
- Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- General Manager