RBI has conducted RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam today (1st December) 2019. Candidates who have made through the RBI Grade B Phase 1 must have appeared for the Phase 2 Exam. We hope all the candidates have performed well in the exam. We have come up with the detailed RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Analysis.
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Analysis
RBI Grade B (General) Phase 2 Exam has 3 papers, out of which 2 papers are objective and 1 paper is descriptive in nature. Each of the paper is assigned 90 minutes and the maximum marks for each of them is 100 marks. There is a sectional as well as overall cut-off for the RBI Grade B Exam. So, candidates must have attempted the test accordingly.
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam is not at all easy as pie. The good attempts as per the review of students in the RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam are given in the table below. It is clarified that good attempts are solely based on the review of students. The level of RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam was of Moderate. The descriptive test was of moderate level.
|Papers||Good Attempts (in terms of marks)|
|Paper 1 (Economic & Social Issue)||72-78|
|Paper 3 (Finance & Management)||60-65|
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Analysis: Paper 1 (Economic & Social Issue)
This paper need extensive basic as well as ground level knowledge of economics. Most of the questions revolved around Government schemes. Here are some of the topics:
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Ayushman Bharat
- Initiatives taken by the HRD ministry
- GDP estimation according to Economic Survey
- India’s GDP forecast according to IMF
- MSF/SLR – Definition
- Amount of sanctioned issued to Maharashtra Government by ADB
- Loan sanctioned by World Bank to an Indian State
- Question related to Union Budget (scheme allocation)
- Funds allocated in MNREGA
- Amount of Capital Infused by Union Government in Public Sector Banks
- Robot Bank launched by which bank?
- FDI (Advance Question)
- SDG Index (Health)
- SDG – Global Green Fund
- Question Related to The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Analysis: Paper 2 (Descriptive English Language)
The level of this section is generally moderate and hence this year too, candidates found Paper 2, easier in comparison to Paper 1 and Paper 2. Three question are asked in this section including an Essay, Precis Writing and Letter.
Essay Writing (300 Words)
There were 5 Essay topics. Candidates were advised to attempt any one topic. Some of the topics asked are as follows:
- Scope of 5G Technology in India
- Higher Education: Issues & Challenges
- Value of ‘Vote’ in Democracy
The Reading Comprehension was based on International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Precis Writing (170 words)
The Precis Writing was based on Capital Account Convertability.
RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam Analysis: Paper 3 (Finance & Management)
This section consisted of 100 marks. No Calculation based (numerical) question was asked. Following are some topics asked in this section:
- A Bond with multiple maturity
- Managerial Grid
- ERG Theory
- 360 degree app
- FRBM Act
- Corporate Governance
- Capital Market
- Risk Management
- Commercial Paper