(i) U is sweeter than V and more deadly than Z
(ii) V is sweeter than Y and less deadly than Z
(iii) W is less sweet than X and less deadly than U
(iv) X is less sweet and more deadly than Y
(v) Y is less sweet and more deadly than U
(vi) Z is sweeter than U and less deadly than W
1. Which is the sweetest ?
2. Which of the following is/are both sweeter and more deadly than V?
(a) U only
(b) W only
(c) Z only
(d) U and Z only
(e) U and W only
3. Which of the following adds no new information about sweetness to the statements that precede it ?
4. Which of the following is/are sweeter than Y and more deadly than W?
(a) U only
(b) V only
(c) Z only
(d) U and V only
(e) Z and V only
5. Which is the least deadly ?
6. Which is the most deadly ?
Directions for Q. No. 7 to 12 : Following questions are based on the information given below. Read the information carefully and then answer the questions that follow :
(i) Seven students P, Q, R, S. T, U and V take a series of tests.
(ii) No two students get similar marks. V always scores more than P.
(iii) P always scores more than Q.
(iv) Each time either R scores the highest and T gets the least, or alternatively S scores the highest and U or Q scores the least.
7. If V is ranked fifth, which of these must be true ?
(a) S scores the highest
(b) R is ranked second
(c) T is ranked third
(d) Q is ranked fourth
(e) U scores the least
8. If R gets the most, V should be ranked not lower than
9. If S is ranked second, which of the following can be true ?
(a) P gets more than R
(b) V gets more than S
(c) P gets more than S
(d) T gets more than Q
(e) U gets more than V
10. If S is ranked sixth and Q is ranked fifth, which of the following can be true ?
(a) V is ranked fifth or fourth
(b) R is ranked second or third
(c) P is ranked second or fifth
(d) U is ranked third or fourth
(e) T is ranked fourth or fifth
11. If R is ranked second and Q is ranked fifth, which of these must be true?
(a) S is ranked third
(b) P is ranked third
(c) V is ranked fourth
(d) T is ranked sixth
(e) U is ranked sixth
12. Information given in which of the statement is superfluous ?
(d) None is superfluous
(e) None of these