A test of reasoning is the way through which organisations measure the mental and thinking ability of a candidate, thus it is a very important test in almost every competitive exam. All major recruitment exams have a test of reasoning to measure the General Intelligence of a person.
Broadly reasoning is said to be categorised into Inductive Reasoning and Deductive Reasoning. The Inductive reasoning is usually based on patterns and observation of those patterns whereas the deductive reasoning is a part where students must use logic to form a conclusion from the given scenario or set of statements.
Most of the questions asked in banking and insurance sector exams fall in the category of deductive reasoning ability. If you are preparing for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, NABARD, RBI, SBI Clerk, SBI PO, IBPS RRB and any other exam you must practice reasoning questions thoroughly as you have to face this section in both prelims and main examination.
Topics to Cover in Reasoning
If you are preparing for banking and insurance sector examinations, then you must practice the following topics of reasoning ability for prelims and main exam:
- Puzzles: Month based puzzles, day based puzzles, random arrangement puzzles, floor based puzzles, order and ranking based puzzles, box based puzzles
- Seating Arrangement : Circular Table, Linear, Parallel Rows, Square Table Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relation : Blood Relation based puzzle, coded blood relation
- Direction Sense : Direction Sense based puzzle, coded direction sense questions.
- Inequality :Single line inequality, double line inequality, coded inequality
- Coding Decoding: There are different types of coding decoding questions in the reasoning section.
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series: Here a series of alphabets, symbols and numbers is given followed by a set of questions where the candidate has to perform certain operations on the give series and mark the answer accordingly.
- Alphabet Based Questions: Here a certain word(s) is given, and students are asked to find pairs of other meaningful words or perform specified operations.
- Number based questions: To perform simple mathematical operations on given set of numbers.
- Syllogism: Conditional Syllogism, Categorical Syllogism, Disjunctive Syllogism
- Logical Reasoning: This is a whole new branch of reasoning ability test and it tests a student’s higher order thinking capacity. It includes sub-topics like statement and assumptions, cause and effect, strength of an argument, passage inference.
Other miscellaneous topic of reasoning ability includes Machine Input Output, calendars, condition-based questions, Data Sufficiency which is a mix of all other topic stated above.
Here are the list of all the topics in the bank exams.
- Statement and Conclusions
- Statement and Assumption
- Course of Action
- Cause and Effect
- Statement and Inference
- Strength of Argument
- Alphabet Based
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance
- Blood Relation
- Ordering and Ranking
- Input - Output
- Scheduling Puzzle
- Tabular Puzzle
- Data Sufficiency
Salient Features of the ACE Reasoning Book
- Based on Latest Pattern
- 3 Level of Exercises
- 1500+ Multiple Choice Questions with 100% solutions
- Includes the Previous Year Questions of all the chapters
You can also check a dedicated book to practice puzzles and seating arrangement as this topic covers more than 40% of the weightage of questions asked in the reasoning ability section of bank and insurance exams.Salient Features of the Puzzle and Seating Arrangement Book:
-2500+ Questions on Puzzles & Seating Arrangement
- New pattern Based Questions of 2017-18 Exams including 10 practice sets
- Expect the Unexpected ones [Surprised Pattern]
-Incorporates more than 10 Types of Puzzles & Sitting Arrangement
-Incorporates the last 5-year Memory Based Questions asked in SBI, IBPS, RBI & Other Examinations
Free Daily Quizzes For Reasoning
- All The Best For IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020
- English Language Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams- 4th December
- Reasoning Ability Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams- 4th December
- General Awareness Quiz on Financial Market- 4th December 2020
- Quantitative Aptitude Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams- 4th December
- 4th December 2020 Daily GK Update: Read Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam
- IBPS RRBs IX Officers Scale II and Scale III Interview Call Letters Out : Download Now
- Watch IBPS Clerk Prelims Analysis Tomorrow on 5th December- Check Details Here
- Why should you try mock tests? 5 important reasons
- Disqus is Back on Bankersadda!! Now Ask All Your Queries and Comments Right Here.
- Cut Off for IBPS Clerk All India Mock Test Held on 3rd December 2020
- Is SBI Apprentice a Permanent Job?
- Prelims Quiz Study Plan for SBI & IBPS Exams 2020
- Attempt Now!! Quizzes for SBI PO Prelims 2020 (Quant, English and Reasoning)
- Points to note while going to the Exam Center for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020
- UPSC/State PCS Daily Video Schedule: 4th December 2020
- Reasoning Ability Quiz for Prelims Exams- SBI & IBPS 2020- 4th December
- Quantitative Aptitude Quiz for Prelims Exams- SBI & IBPS 2020- 4th December
- Last Minute Tips for Preparing IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2020 Section Wise
- Biggest Offer at Last Day of SBI Online Application 2020: Grab Complete SBI PO Preparation Pack @Rs.999 only
- Attempt Last 4 Years’ IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Question Paper- 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Download All India Mock for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020- Questions & Solutions PDFs
- English Language Quiz for Prelims Exams- SBI & IBPS 2020- 4th December
- Common mistakes to avoid while filling the SBI PO Online Application Form 2020
- Mains Quiz Study Plan for IBPS Exams 2020
- Today Is Last Day To Apply Online For SBI PO 2020: Apply Now From Direct Link Here
- Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams: 4 December
- English Language Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams- 3rd December
- Reasoning Ability Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams- 3rd December
- General Awareness Quiz on Indian Banking System- 3rd December 2020
- Quantitative Aptitude Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams- 3rd December
- 3rd December 2020 Daily GK Update: Read Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam
- What Should be Your Daily Routine for SBI PO Prelims Preparation?
- How to Best Utilize 20 minutes in each Section In IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020: What to start and What to leave?
- Deal Of the Day: Static Gk Videos at Discounted Price
- Appearing for Nainital Bank PO and Clerk? Register With Us to Share Exam Analysis
- Reasoning Ability Quiz for Prelims Exams- SBI & IBPS 2020- 3rd December
- Quantitative Aptitude Quiz for Prelims Exams- SBI & IBPS 2020- 3rd December
- IBPS Clerk Prelims Previous Years’ Cut Off Analysis
- English Language Quiz for Prelims Exams- SBI & IBPS 2020- 3rd December
- All India Mock Test for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2020 on 3rd December is LIVE- Attempt Now
- Appearing for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam? Register With Us to Share IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis
- SBI PO Apply Online 2020: SBI PO Online Application Window Closing Today, Apply Now!
- Current Affairs Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams: 3 December
- English Language Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams- 2nd December
- Reasoning Ability Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams- 2nd December
- General Awareness Quiz on Economic Survey- 2nd December 2020
- Quantitative Aptitude Quiz for IBPS 2020 Mains Exams- 2nd December
- 2nd December 2020 Daily GK Update: Read Daily GK, Current Affairs for Bank Exam
- Deal of the Day- Adda ka Mahapack Check Deal Now