A test of reasoning is the way through which organisations measure the mental and thinking ability of a candidate, thus it is a very important test in almost every competitive exam. All major recruitment exams have a test of reasoning to measure the General Intelligence of a person.
Broadly reasoning is said to be categorised into Inductive Reasoning and Deductive Reasoning. The Inductive reasoning is usually based on patterns and observation of those patterns whereas the deductive reasoning is a part where students must use logic to form a conclusion from the given scenario or set of statements.
Most of the questions asked in banking and insurance sector exams fall in the category of deductive reasoning ability. If you are preparing for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, NABARD, RBI, SBI Clerk, SBI PO, IBPS RRB and any other exam you must practice reasoning questions thoroughly as you have to face this section in both prelims and main examination.
Topics to Cover in Reasoning
If you are preparing for banking and insurance sector examinations, then you must practice the following topics of reasoning ability for prelims and main exam:
- Puzzles: Month based puzzles, day based puzzles, random arrangement puzzles, floor based puzzles, order and ranking based puzzles, box based puzzles
- Seating Arrangement : Circular Table, Linear, Parallel Rows, Square Table Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relation : Blood Relation based puzzle, coded blood relation
- Direction Sense : Direction Sense based puzzle, coded direction sense questions.
- Inequality :Single line inequality, double line inequality, coded inequality
- Coding Decoding: There are different types of coding decoding questions in the reasoning section.
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series: Here a series of alphabets, symbols and numbers is given followed by a set of questions where the candidate has to perform certain operations on the give series and mark the answer accordingly.
- Alphabet Based Questions: Here a certain word(s) is given, and students are asked to find pairs of other meaningful words or perform specified operations.
- Number based questions: To perform simple mathematical operations on given set of numbers.
- Syllogism: Conditional Syllogism, Categorical Syllogism, Disjunctive Syllogism
- Logical Reasoning: This is a whole new branch of reasoning ability test and it tests a student’s higher order thinking capacity. It includes sub-topics like statement and assumptions, cause and effect, strength of an argument, passage inference.
Other miscellaneous topic of reasoning ability includes Machine Input Output, calendars, condition-based questions, Data Sufficiency which is a mix of all other topic stated above.
Here are the list of all the topics in the bank exams.
- Statement and Conclusions
- Statement and Assumption
- Course of Action
- Cause and Effect
- Statement and Inference
- Strength of Argument
- Alphabet Based
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance
- Blood Relation
- Ordering and Ranking
- Input - Output
- Scheduling Puzzle
- Tabular Puzzle
- Data Sufficiency
Salient Features of the ACE Reasoning Book
- Based on Latest Pattern
- 3 Level of Exercises
- 1500+ Multiple Choice Questions with 100% solutions
- Includes the Previous Year Questions of all the chapters
You can also check a dedicated book to practice puzzles and seating arrangement as this topic covers more than 40% of the weightage of questions asked in the reasoning ability section of bank and insurance exams.Salient Features of the Puzzle and Seating Arrangement Book:
-2500+ Questions on Puzzles & Seating Arrangement
- New pattern Based Questions of 2017-18 Exams including 10 practice sets
- Expect the Unexpected ones [Surprised Pattern]
-Incorporates more than 10 Types of Puzzles & Sitting Arrangement
-Incorporates the last 5-year Memory Based Questions asked in SBI, IBPS, RBI & Other Examinations
Free Daily Quizzes For Reasoning
- The Hindu Review June 2022: Download Hindu Review PDF
- World Chocolate Day 2022, History & Significance
- FSSAI Score Card 2022 out, CBT 1 Marks & Score
- FSSAI Result 2022 Out For CBT 1 Exam, Scorecard & Marks
- FSSAI Cut Off 2022 Out, Category-Wise Cut Off Marks
- 06th July Daily Current Affairs 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam
- IBPS Clerk Prelims & Mains Online Test Series 2022
- Upcoming Bank Exams 2022 List of Govt Bank Exams
- CAIIB Prime Test Pack for Paper- I, II & III Exams 2022-23
- IBPS RRB PO Prelims & Mains Online Test Series 2022
- Strategy to Crack JAIIB Exam 2022
- IB ACIO Salary 2022 Job Profile, Salary After 7th Commision, Pay Scale
- IBPS Clerk Notification 2022 PDF Out for 6035 Vacancy
- Reasoning Ability Quiz For IBPS RRB PO Prelims 2022- 6th July
- GA Topper Series: Payment Systems
- Quantitative Aptitude Quiz For IBPS RRB PO Prelims 2022- 6th July
- CAIIB ABM Topic-Wise Weightage & Preparation Strategy
- ESIC SSO Score Card 2022 Out, Check Prelims Scorecard & Marks
- IBPS Clerk Apply Online 2022, Application Form Link Active on 1st July
- Mega Recruitment Drive- Adda247
- Important Days In July 2022 National & International Days
- Important Current Affairs Quiz for Bank Mains Exams 2022- 6th July
- IBPS RRB Clerk Admit Card 2022 Prelims Officer Assistant Call Letter
- IBPS RRB PO Admit Card 2022, Download Call Letter Link
- Reasoning Ability Quiz For IBPS Clerk Prelims 2022- 6th July
- Daily Vocabulary Words 6th July 2022: Improve Your Vocabulary with Antonyms & Synonyms
- IBPS RRB Admit Card 2022, Prelims Call Letter Link
- Is IBPS RRB Clerk Easy?
- ESIC MTS Final Result 2022 List Of Shortlisted Candidates For Document Verification
- Quantitative Aptitude Quiz For IBPS Clerk Prelims 2022- 6th July
- GA Topper Series: 6th July 2022 Quiz
- ESIC SSO Cut Off 2022 Out, Cut off Marks for Phase 1
- Aiming for CAIIB RETAIL JULY 2022? | Watch CAIIB RETAIL CASE STUDY ENGLISH AND BILINGUAL MEDIUM PAID Demo Class for Free
- IB Recruitment 2022 Notification PDF Out For 766 Vacancy
- ESIC SSO Result 2022 Out, Check SSO Phase 1 Result
- English Quizzes For IBPS Clerk Prelims 2022- 6th July
- 06th July Current Affairs Quiz for Bank Exams 2022
- World Zoonoses Day 2022, Theme, History & Importance
- Test Series Mega Sale- Mocks Lagao Selection Pao- Flat 25% Off On All Test Series
- Is IDBI Executive Exam Easy?
- 05th July Daily Current Affairs 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam
- CAIIB Retail Banking Topic-Wise Weightage & Preparation Strategy
- Aiming for JAIIB NOV 2022? | Watch JAIIB AFB ENGLISH MEDIUM PAID Demo Class for Free
- Is IBPS Clerk And IBPS RRB Syllabus Same?
- CIL MT Syllabus 2022, Detailed Syllabus PDF & Exam Pattern
- GA Topper Series: Financial Services Institutions Bureau
- RBI Assistant LPT Exam Date 2022 Out, Check Schedule
- Reasoning Ability Quiz For IBPS RRB PO Prelims 2022- 5th July
- IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2022 Out, State-Wise & Category-Wise 6035 Vacancies
- RBI Office Attendant Final Result 2021-22 Out
- Quantitative Aptitude Quiz For IBPS RRB PO Prelims 2022- 5th July