SBI PO Selection Process 2022: Every year the State Bank of India follows a three-stage recruitment process to appoint candidates for the post of Probationary Officer in its various branches situated all over India therefore all those candidates who are beginning their SBI PO 2022 exam preparation must be aware of SBI PO selection process 2022. The three-stage selection process consists of the SBI PO prelims exam, mains exam and Group Exercise & Interview. The job of an SBI probationary officer (PO) is a lucrative career option for which lakhs of aspirants contest every year as it is the initial stage of taking up the service of an officer in a bank. In this article, we are going to give you a brief description of the SBI PO selection process 2022.
SBI PO Selection Process 2022 Prelims, Mains & Interview
The selection of eligible candidates for the post of PO is done by the State Bank of India by following a three stage selection process consisting of prelims & mains examination which are conducted in the online mode and then Group exercise & interview is conducted. In order to appear in the mains exam, aspirants will be needed to clear the SBI PO 2022 prelims overall cut off decided by the recruitment board as there is no sectional cut off here. The final selection of candidates will be done on the basis of marks scored in the mains examination as well as Group exercise & Interview.
SBI PO Selection Process 2022: Phase Wise
Here we have provided below phase wise SBI PO 2022 selction process.
SBI PO 2022 Prelims Exam
- There are a total number of three sections in the SBI PO prelims exam i.e. Reasoning ability, Quantitative aptitude and English Language section.
- The nature of the Phase 1 is completely objective which means there will be multiple choice questions only
- The total time duration of the SBI PO prelims examination is 60 minutes
- The total weightage of the exam is 100 marks out of which the reasoning & quantitative aptitude section carries 35 marks and the English language section is having the weightage of 30 marks.
- Candidates must pay special attention towards the time duration as there is a sectional timing of 20 minutes for every section which means you will be automatically moved to the next section when the 20 minutes will be over.
- Each question will be of 1 mark
- Marks obtained in the 1st phase will not be considered for the final selection
SBI PO 2022 Mains Exam
- The mains exam pattern of SBI PO is such that it is having four sections i.e. Reasoning & computer aptitude, Data analysis & interpretation, General awareness and English Language.
- The nature of phase 2 is also objective in nature except the descriptive paper having the weightage of 50 marks.
- The total time duration of the SBI PO mains examination is 3 hours and 30 minutes will be given for the descriptive exam.
- The descriptive test will be administered immediately after conclusion of the Objective Test and candidates will have to type their descriptive test answers on the computer.
- The total weightage of the mains exam is 200 marks with each section is having a different sectional timing and weightage of marks & questions.
- Just like SBI PO 2022 prelims exam, there is also sectional time duration in the mains examination
SBI PO 2022 Interview
The interview & group exercise is the last phase in the SBI PO 2022 selection process. Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for Phase-III i.e. Interview & Group exercise. The SBI PO 2022 interview is having the weightage of 30 marks and the group exercise is of 20 marks.
|SBI PO Notification 2022||SBI PO Previous Year Papers|
|SBI PO Salary 2022||SBI PO Cut Off 2022|
|SBI PO Vacancy 2022||SBI PO Handwritten Declaration 2022|
|SBI PO Exam Date 2022||SBI PO Syllabus 2022|
|SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2022|
SBI PO Selection Process 2022: Final Selection
To get the final selection candidates will need to clear all the stages. The candidates will have to qualify in Phase-1,Phase-II and Phase-III separately. The marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Phase-III for preparing the final merit list. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection. The final merit will be made out of 100 marks therefore the marks obtained by the candidates in Phase-II (Main Examination both Objective & Descriptive Tests) and Phase-III (Group Exercise & Interview) will be normalised to 100 marks as detailed below
|Test||Main Exam||Group Exercise & Interview||Total|
FAQs: SBI PO Selection Process 2022
Q.1 What is the process of selection for SBI PO?
Ans The complete SBI PO 2022 selection process is provided in the article above
Q.2 Is there any interview in SBI PO 2022?
Ans Yes there is an interview of 30 marks in SBI PO 2022
Q.3 How many rounds are there in SBI PO 2022?
Ans There are mainly three rounds in SBI PO 2022 i.e. prelims, mains and group exercise and interview. To know more about this, read the above article.