Here we are with clear and detail concept of Blood Relation:
• Blood Relation is a must-do part of the exam. As it may come for 5 marks and you know every mark is important.
• In Blood Relation question certain information is given about the members of the family. Based on that information you need to find out the relationship between a particular member of the family.
• Now, take a look at below given “Generation Table” which will help you to understand the different relationship.
Blood relation For Bank PO
we are presenting the relation in two different forms:
1. Relations of paternal side:
i. Father’s Father – Grandfather
ii. Father’s Mother – Grandmother
iii. Father’s Brother – Uncle
iv. Father’s Sister – Aunt
v. Children of Uncle – cousin vi. Wife of Uncle – Aunt vii. Children of Aunt – Cousin viii. Husband of Aunt – Uncle
2. Relations of maternal side:
i. Mother’s Father – Maternal Grandfather
ii. Mother’s Mother –Maternal Grandmother
iii. Mother’s Brother – Maternal Uncle
iv. Mother’s Sister – Aunt
v. Children of Maternal Uncle – Cousin
vi. Wife of Maternal uncle – Maternal Aunt
• The solve questions of Blood Relations easily, you can take help of “Generation Tree”.
Types of questions asked from Blood Relations:
1. Based on Dialogue or Conversation
2. Based on Puzzles
3. Based on Symbolically coded
Based on Conversation or Dialogue-
In this type of questions, the one person talking to or doing chit-chat with other person giving information by pointing to some picture or person.
Example: Pointing to a lady on the stage, Monika said, “She is the sister of the son of the wife of my husband.” How is the lady related to Monika?
Solution: Find who you can easily relate to and be that person-then go about creating one relation after another.
In this question, be Monika-then start from the end of the sentence.
“My husband” = Monika’s husband
‘Wife of my husband’ = is me = Monika
‘Son of the wife of my husband’ = My Son
‘Sister of the Son of the wife of my Husband’ = My Son’s Sister = My daughter
‘She’ is the sister of the son of the wife of my husband’ = the lady on the stage = the lady being pointed out = my daughter.
So, the lady on the stage is Monika’s daughter.
Based on Puzzles:
In this type of question, you have to conclude the relations between two given person based on more than one information given in the question.
Example: In a family of eight people, there is three generations and two couples. R is the brother of Z, who is the grandchild of X. X is married to P. L is the father of Z. P is the father in law of U. L is the brother of Y and K. K is the aunt of Z. How is P related to K?
(b) father in law
(e) None of these
So, P is the father of K.
Based on Symbols:
In this type of question, information is coded in the form of symbols life D, #, $, % ……. etc.
Example: Read the following information carefully.