Many banking aspirants who appear for different banking exams like IBPS PO, IBPS RRB , IBPS Clerk , SBI PO , etc. are often in a dilemma whether they can appear for the SSC exams or not? Whether they can prepare for SSC and banking exams simultaneously? Can you crack SSC exams while being a Banking Aspirant? In this article, we will be covering all these questions and know whether a banking aspirant can appear for the SSC exams?
Can a Banking Aspirants Appear for SSC Exams?
The answer to this question is yes! Any banking aspirant can appear for SSC exams. The only thing that the banking aspirant must take care of is the eligibility criteria for the exam/job post they are appearing for. If the candidates meet the eligibility criteria of the SSC exam, then they can apply for that exam with no questions asked.
Candidates can even study for both SSC and Banking exams simultaneously as there are a lot of similarities in their exam patterns and syllabus. Let us not discuss how a banking aspirant can prepare for the SSC exams?
How should you prepare for the SSC Exams being a Banking Aspirant?
Although there is a lot of similarity between the exam patterns and syllabus of banking and SSC exams still there are some ways in which a banking aspirant can prepare for the SSC exams more efficiently:
- Know the nature of the exam: the candidate must verify whether the exam pattern and syllabus is similar to what he/she has prepared so far for the banking exams.
- English language section: In this section questions are mainly asked from reading comprehension, para jumbles, fill in the blanks, error spotting, freeze replacement and sentence correction, word association pair, etc. these topics are common in SSC and banking exams. Most of the English language section follows the same pattern in the SSC exams as well as in the banking exams. Candidates, if familiar with this section from the Banking Exams’ Preparations can give mock tests and make their preparation for this section even stronger.
- Quantitative aptitude section: Some of the important topics from this section are data interpretation, averages, time speed and distance, mensuration, interest, percentage, algebra, time and work, approximation, etc. these are some so common topics that are asked in the banking as well as SSC exams. But SSC exams carry a wider variety of topics like geometry and trigonometry which the candidates have to study in addition to what they have studied for the banking exams.
- Reasoning ability section: most of the students find the reasoning/logical reasoning section one of the toughest sections in banking exams while in the SSC exams The section is less difficult. Some of the common topics that are asked in both SSC exams and banking exams from the reasoning aptitude sections are directions and distances, coding-decoding, seating arrangements, puzzles, input-output, order and ranking, inequalities, blood relations, verbal reasoning, etc. Candidates must practice these questions thoroughly and try to score maximum marks in them to increase their overall score.
- General awareness section: In the banking exams the main focus of the general awareness section is on financial awareness. While on the other hand the SSC exams largely cover static general knowledge topics along with a few questions on current affairs. The static GK includes topics like history, polity, geography, general science and technology, environment, sports, etc. Candidates must cover all these topics while preparing for SSC Exams to score qualifying marks in the General Awareness section.
- Prepare yourself with the best study materials for all government jobs including SSC and banking exams with Adda247. Get all your study materials in one place and give a kickstart to your preparations.