64th Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022 announced: The Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (RMAF) has announced the 64th Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022 on 31st August 2022. The award is widely regarded as the “Nobel Peace Prize of Asia,”. Among the winners are Tadashi Hattori, Gary Bencheghib, Sotheara Chhim, and Bernadette J. Madrid. In this post, candidates can check all necessary details of the 64th Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022.
Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022: Winners List
Here we have provided the complete winner’s list of the 64th Ramon Magsaysay Award 2022.
He is a 54-year-old Cambodian mental health advocate. He has led the treatment of thousands of traumatised survivors of the Khmer Rouge’s brutal rule and other patients in his country. He became one of Cambodia’s first psychiatrists after years of war and devoted his life to treating people, especially in rural communities.
Bernadette J. Madrid
Bernadette J. Madrid is a child rights crusader belong from the Philippines. She has won the award for her leadership in running a multisectoral, multidisciplinary effort in child protection that is admired in Asia, and her competence and compassion in devoting herself to seeing that every abused child lives in a healing, safe, and nurturing society.
He is a Japanese ophthalmologist, he was awarded the prize for training local doctors who have treated thousands of Vietnamese. Tadashi Hattori was deeply moved when he saw how villagers had become blind because of an acute lack of eye specialists and treatment facilities and started raising funds, training experts, and donating equipment to local hospitals.
Gary Bencheghib is a remarkable and surprising warrior in the fight against marine plastic pollution. He is from France and became a “warrior” against plastic pollution on the Indonesian resort island of Bali.
About Ramon Magsaysay Award
- The first Ramon Magsaysay Awards ceremony was held on 31st August 1958.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award is chosen and presented every year.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia’s greatest honour and distinction and was established in 1957.
- The award has been named after Ramon Magsaysay, the third president of the Philippines.
- The Award is presented in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, every year on 31st August.
- The award is managed by Ramon Magsaysay Awards Foundation (RMAF).
|Current Affairs April 2022|