Bank Promotion Exam
The way for Banking Professionals to seek career growth and advancement within the banking sector is Bank Promotion Exams. Each Public Sector Bank conducts the Bank Promotion Exam internally to provide an opportunity for individuals to prove their ability, acquire higher positions, and enjoy enhanced responsibilities and benefits. In this article, we have discussed in detail Bank Promotion Exam along with all the other details.
What Are Bank Promotion Exams?
Bank Promotion Exams are conducted by Banks and Financial Institutions to assess, identify, and promote deserving employees to higher positions within the hierarchy of the Bank. These exams are typically designed to evaluate candidates’ knowledge, skills, and competence in various areas related to banking operations, management, finance, and customer service. The Bank Promotion Exam format may vary depending on the bank, but in general it includes written tests, and interviews.
Bank Promotion Exam 2023 Notification
Bank Promotion Exam 2023 Notification are released by banks internally as per their requirement. The Notification comprises the complete details and aspirants who fulfill their prescribed Eligibility Criteria are eligible to apply for the recruitment. Aspirants who have qualified JAIIB and CAIIB Exams get an additional advantage.
Bank Promotion Exam 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of almost all Bank Promotion Exams are similar. Here, we have discussed an overview of topic-wise Bank Promotion Exam 2023 Syllabus.
- RBI Guidelines
- Banking Related Laws: Banking Regulation Act, RBI Act, Negotiable Instrument Act, Commercial laws such as the Indian Contract Act, 1872.
- Bank-Specific Schemes and Products: MSME Loan Products, Retail Loan Schemes, Agriculture Loan Schemes, Deposit Products, etc.
- Types of Business Organization: Proprietorship, Partnership, HUF, Companies.
- Foreign Exchange, BCSBI, Banking Ombudsman Scheme, RTI Act, 2005, Consumer Protection Act, FEMA, PMLA
- Type of Accounts, Type of debit/credit cards, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Delegated Powers For Sanction, etc.
- BASEL III, Risk Management, Payment Banks, Small Finance Banks, GST, Money Market Instruments, etc.
- Digital Banking, Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS), MICR (Magnetic ink character recognition) / IFSC- Indian Financial System Code / CTS, latest monetary policy, Exposure Norms.
- Bank Specific Topics: Customer Compensation Policy, Deposit Products, Retail Schemes, Agriculture & MSME Schemes, Loaning Powers, IT/ digital banking products.
Bank Promotion Exam Benefits
Bank Promotion Exam has significant importance for both individuals and the banking institutions. For employees, Bank Promotion Exams serve as a means to career progression, higher salaries, increased job security, and improved professional standing. Employees get an opportunity to expand their knowledge and develop essential skills required to grow within the banking industry. Through Bank Promotion Exams, capable and competent individuals are selected who can effectively lead teams, make strategic decisions, and contribute to the growth and success of the bank.