1. Prime Minister launches Fit India Movement
i. On the occasion of National Sports Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Fit India Movement at the Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex in New Delhi. During the event, PM appealed to the nation to join this fitness movement and make a ‘Fitter & Better India’.
ii. The nation-wide Fit India Movement aims to motivate every Indian to incorporate simple, easy ways of staying fit in their everyday life.
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Shipping: Mansukh L. Mandaviya.
- Chief of the Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh.
- Union Minister of External Affairs: Subrahmanyam Jaishankar.
- Headquarter of Coal India: Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Capital of Nauru: Yaren; Currency of Nauru: Australian dollar.
9. 12th India Security Summit held in New Delhi
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology: Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- Secretary General of the United Nations: Antonio Guterres.
- Headquarters: New York, USA; Founded: 24 October 1945.
- Chief Minister of Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal; Lt. Governor: Anil Baijal.