GA Topper Series: 30th July 2022: Hello Students, General Awareness is an essential part of all government exams. It’s better to prepare this section daily and revise the same using the factsheet provided. Bankersadda team has brought you up a new series in which we will come up with 10 questions and answers, other options of the question have related news to them. So don’t miss reading the solutions.
Q1. Which among the following F1 Champion announced his retirement in July?
(a) Lewis Hamilton
(b) Sebastian Vettel
(c) Charles Lech
(d) Aston Martin
Q2. Sakurajima Volcanic eruptiontook place in which island of Japan?
Q3. Which Indian company signed an MoU with Egypt to construct a green hydrogen factory in the Suez Canal Economic Zone
(c) ReNew Power
Q4. MH-60 R multipurpose helicopter are of which country?
Q5. Kerela Savari is a online service for which of the following services ?
(a) Ro Ro service
(b) Cab Services
(c) Medicine delivery
(d) Government schemes at home
Q6.United Kingdom presented Sir Winston Churchill Leadership Award to ?
(a) Shinzo Abe
(b) Narendra Modi
(c) Volodymyr Zelenskyy
(d) none of these
Q7. Which PSB has formulated RACE as its strategy of getting among top 3 PSBs?
(a) Indian Bank
(b) Union Bank
(c) Bank of India
(d) None of these
Q8. Indian navy designed the aircraft carrier , But it was built by which of the following?
(a) Cochin Shipyard
Q9. Seminar on Safe Use of Chemicals at Workplace: seminar was organised by the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals (DCPC) with which of the following international organization?
Q10. International Chemical Safety Cards are data sheets developed by which organization:
- European commission
Choose the correct code
Four-time Formula One champion, Sebastian Vettel who is currently a part of Aston Martin announced his retirement
Sakurajima Volcanic Eruption took place on Japan’s main southern island of Kyushu
Other mountains of Japan
- Mount Fuji-It is a well-known active volcano located in Honshu. It is the tallest peak in Japan with 3,776m of elevation. In Asia, it is the second highest peak Volcano and ranks 7th in the world’s highest peak.
- Mount Unzen-It is a group of Volcanoes. The most dangerous eruption from Mount Unzen was noted on 1792 killing 15,000 people.
- Mount Aso-It is an active volcano with one of the largest Caldera in the world. It is located in Kyushu’s Kumamoto prefecture. It is also the largest volcano in Japan.
- Mount Kirishima-It is located in Kagoshima Prefecture and Miyazaki Prefecture, Kyushu, in Japan. It is an active volcano of 1700m.
- Oshima-Oshima Volcano-It is the most dormant volcano in Japan. It last erupted in 1741 and killed almost 1500 people.
Egypt and an Indian company have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to construct a green hydrogen factory in the Suez Canal Economic Zone, according to a cabinet announcement. The MoU states that Indian ReNew Power Private Limited (RENE.BO) will invest $8 billion to construct a facility that will create 20,000 tonnes of green hydrogen annually
At Cochin International Airport, the American Navy delivered two MH-60 R multipurpose helicopters to the Indian Navy. All 24 MH 60R helicopters will be delivered by the end of 2025.
Kerala government is all set to come up with an alternative to the popular corporate online cab service by launching its own e-taxi named ‘Kerala Savari’, This is for the first time that a state government is launching an online taxi service in the country.
British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson has presented Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy with the Sir Winston Churchill Leadership Award
Union Bank sets ‘RACE’ goal as its strategy of getting among top 3 PSBs
RACE stands for:
- Grow RAM (retail, agriculture, and MSME) loans,
- Improve Asset quality,
- Boost CASA (current account, savings account deposits), and
- Increase E
The indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant, which was created by the Navy’s own Directorate of Naval Design and will likely be commissioned on Independence Day, was delivered to the Navy by the Cochin Shipyard
Seminar on Safe Use of Chemicals at Workplace: The seminar was organised by the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals (DCPC) and the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between DCPC and ILO for adopting the International Chemical Safety Cards (ICSCs)
The ICSCs are data sheets developed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the ILO with the cooperation of the European Commission which provides essential safety and health information on chemicals concisely. Until now, around 1784 ICSCs were available for industry workers
- GA Topper Series Quiz: 29th July 2022
- GA Topper Series: Rupee Vs Dollar Exchange
- GK Questions for GK QuestionsRecent Posts
Current Affairs April 2022