Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended the lockdown due to coronavirus outbreak in the nation till 3 May 2020, and the centre today (15 April) has come out with set of economic activities that shall be allowed after April 20. The Ministry of Home Affairs has released consolidated revised guidelines on the measures to be taken by various departments and ministries for containment of COVID-19 in the country. These guidelines include the following parameters:
1. List of Prohibited Activities (until 3 May).
2. Hotspots & Containment Zones Operation Guidelines.
3. List of Permitted Activities from 20 April.
4. Guidelines related to all health sector, agriculture sector, financial sector, social sector, movement of cargo/goods, construction and various commercial, private, government establishments/ industries.
5. Online teaching/ distance learning to be encouraged
6. List of Public utilities that shall remain functional.
7. Supply of essential goods.
8. Movement of persons
9. Instruction for enforcement of lockdown measures and penal provision.
- Arogya Setu Mobile App: What Is It, Features, Benefits, Uses And How To Download
- Coronavirus Tips- How to Improve Immunity to Fight COVID-19 ?
Lockdown 2.0 Guidelines
The following are the activities that are completely banned during and the lockdown:
Domestic and International travel is prohibited– the guidelines state that no passenger movement by bus, train, flight, metro even if it is inter-district, intra-state will be allowed until 3rd May 2020.
Coaching to remain closed- all eduction institutes, training centres and coaching centres will remain closed.
No Taxi, No Rikshaws during lockdown.
Malls and cinema halls will remain closed- The government prohibits from opening all cinema halls, malls, shopping complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- Deaths in Coronavirus Patients- Cytokine Storm Syndrome Causing Haywire Immune Response
- Selection Batch For Personality Development | Live Classes
No social gathering will be allowed- this include all sorts of political, religious, social, sports, entertainment, academic and other such activities.
In case of funerals, the congregation of more than twenty persons will not be permitted.
No Spitting in Public- this is a punishable offense and there is a strict ban on gutka, tobacco etc.
What’s open during this lockdown 2.0 ?
All essential services shall remain available- health workers, doctors, nurses, sanitation workers and such essential service providers can work during the lockdown. Dispensaries, Chemist, Pharmacy shall remain open.
MNREGA works are allowed by keeping in mind the rules of social distancing.
Media persons are exempted from lockdown but cannot enter hotspot zones.
Movement of cargo goods will be allowed.
Police forces and security personnel are exempted from lockdown.
Industries in rural areas, SEZs, and EOU zones, units making essential goods, food processing units, IT hardware companies, coal production will be allowed to function.
Farming operations are allowed– Farmers and workers in field can operate during the lockdown period. Mandi’s operated by Agriculture Produce Market Committee, Shops for agriculture machinery, manufacturing and selling of fertilizers, pesticide and seeds are allowed.
|Important Points from PM Modi’s Speech||What are Suraksha Stores?||PM Modi’s 7 Vows Message to Fight COVID-19||Lockdown Curfew Pass Apply Online State-Wise|
People in area’s that are not identified as containment zones or hotspots will be allowed to go out to get essential and grocery items.
IT services for essential requirement like internet and telecommunication are allowed to work.
Coal, mineral and oil production is allowed
There will be no relaxation in areas identified as COVID-19 hotspots and no activities will be allowed there.
This was a short summary of the complete guidelines released by the centre, you can also download the official pdf to through it from the link given below: