The State bank of India will soon be releasing the official notification for SBI PO Recruitment 2021. Aspirants who wish to apply and appear for the SBI PO Exams 2021 must have started their preparations by now.
Amongst the aspirants, there is a myth about the English language section. According to them, only English medium students can score good marks in the English section and clear SBI PO Exams. This myth discourages the Hindi medium students who are appearing for the SBI PO Exams. In this article, we will be breaking this myth and will be discussing A preparation strategy for all the Hindi medium students to Score good marks in the English language section and crack SBI PO Recruitment 2021.
How Hindi background students can Crack SBI PO Recruitment 2021?
The English language section is a very important section for all the banking exams and especially in the SBI PO Exams. If the candidate is aspiring to clear the Prelims and Mains examination of SBI PO, It is very important for him/her to score good marks in the English section. Let us look at some ways in which the Hindi medium students can prepare for the English language section and cover up the marks in other sections to form a qualifying score
- Clear the basics: It will be difficult for the Hindi medium candidates to go in-depth and study the English language, that is why it is important for them to just clear the basics so that at least a few questions can be answered from this section. out of 30 questions, there will be at least 5 to 10 questions that can be answered clearly on the basics of the English language.
- Prepare English as a subject: If the candidates prepare the English language section as a subject just like the others and prepare for it accordingly, candidates can make sure that they excel in some of the most important topics from the English language section which can fetch them good marks in the examination.
- Attempt other sections carefully: There are two more sections other than the English language section that are – quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability in the prelims exam. Aspirants are advised to focus more on these sections as it can be their key to score good marks in the exam. If they score ideal marks in the other two sections they can cover up their overall marks as there is no sectional cut-off in the prelims exam.
- Practice more: Even if the Hindi medium candidates are weak in the English language section, they should make ample attempts to improve their preparation for the section. And the best way to do it is by attempting more and more mock tests/test series. Candidates can attend these mock tests with adda247 and improve their preparations English language section. Adda247 also provides the banking aspirants with Study Materials and Test series in Hindi Medium Language for their convenience
- Apart from the English language section the other section are bilingual in nature. students will get the questions in both Hindi and English language. Candidates with Hindi medium background Can easily understand the questions and attempt them.
- English Notes, Questions And Answers For All Bank Exams IBPS PO/Clerk, SBI, RBI
How to Improve English Language Section?
We have already discussed how the Hindi medium students can prepare their English language section now let us look at some ways in which candidates can ensure scoring maximum marks in the English language section
Focus on Important topics like:
- Reading comprehension
- Para jumbles
- Spotting errors/sentence zeros/improvements
- Phrasal verb
- Questions on synonym and antonym
- Spelling errors
- Cloze test
The majority of the questions that are asked in this section are from the above important topics that are why the candidate needs to have a thorough knowledge and a good hold on them.
Candidates who are appearing for any competitive exams that have the English language section must have good reading skills and ability. The candidates can ensure scoring good marks by easily answering the questions of the reading comprehension section, which is only possible if a candidate has the required reading ability/skills.
Candidates must read newspapers, editorials, novels, etc not only to increase general awareness but also the reading skills and vocabulary.
Search for unknown words:
While going through the reading process candidates will come across some words that they had never heard of. Searching the meanings, synonyms, and antonyms of that word will familiarise the candidate with its different aspects, which is very important in terms of the English language section in banking exams.
After preparing thoroughly for this section the best way to practice and analyze your performance is by giving mock tests. This will familiarise the candidates with the types of questions that are asked in the English language section and also give them an idea of the areas which need more practice and preparation.