IBPS PO Mains Exam is to be held on 4 February 2021. IBPS has released IBPS PO Prelims Result recently and candidates who have made it through the prelims exam must have started their preparation already. Candidates are advised to tighten up their belts as only a few days are left for the mains examination. The Data Analysis and Interpretation section forms a major portion of the IBPS PO Mains Exam with 35 questions in total and 60 marks. That is why we have come up with the best tips to approach the data analysis and interpretation Section in IBPS PO Mains Exam 2021.
How to approach the Data Analysis and Interpretation Section?￼
There are some important topics that the candidates must cover in their preparation phase as most of the questions are based on those topics. According to the trends of IBPS PO Mains Exams ￼, there is a particular pattern of questions asked in the exam￼. After analyzing the trend we have brought you some of the important topics that can sell you through the Data Analysis and Interpretation section of IBPS PO Mains Exam 2020-21
- Data interpretation
- Number system
- Ratio and proportion
- Average and ages ￼￼￼
- Mixtures an allegation
- Profit and loss
- Time and work
- Simple interest and compound interest
- Time, distance, and speed
- Boat and stream
The basic and the key approach for any section in the IBPS PO Mains Exam is to cover all the important topics on which the majority of the questions are based. Preparing the above-mentioned important topics of the data analysis and interpretation section candidates will be able to solve the majority of the questions￼ and secure maximum marks.￼
Strategy for Data Analysis and Interpretation Section
Apart from covering the important topics, there are some tips that the candidates must keep in mind while preparing or attempting the data analysis and interpretation questions:
- Give mock tests and practice as many questions as you can. Attempting the mock tests will give you an overview of the pattern of questions asked in the IBPS PO Mains Exams.
- Maintain your speed and accuracy while attempting the questions.
- Attempt data interpretation questions first.
- After attempting the DIs, solve the arithmetic and serious questions.
- Do not try to solve every question as there is a negative marking for each wrong answer.
- Solve those questions which are easy and are less time-consuming￼￼.
- Do not attempt data sufficiency questions first as they are time-consuming. ￼
- Do not panic while solving a question, keep your mind calm and focused.￼
IBPS PO Mains 2021: Exam Pattern
|Sr.No.||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|