| Updated On November 29th, 2019 at 05:24 pm
IBPS PO Mains is going to be held on 30th November 2019 and now only 15 days are left for the final exam. Everyone appearing for it, must realize that they are just a step away from this prestigious job. We all know IBPS PO is a white collar job, where only few will be scrutinized by the bank for final selection and posting. As the competition is increasing in leaps and bounds, students are preparing to perform well in the PO mains exam. We know each and every section in the Bank PO Mains exam is important and one can not clear the cut off if he is not good at any of them. Taking all the sections equally and refining them by practicing is the key to success.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 27 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
Most of the students fear English language which is obvious now a days as IBPS has set the benchmark by raising the difficulty level with each examination passed. Even after revising and learning effectively, sometimes students could not clear the English section cut off, or could not secure the expected marks. First of all we all need to understand, English is a language that requires daily efforts like quant and reasoning although it does not includes calculation like them, but yes it needs practice to hold on to the rules followed in this section. This Article is dedicated to the preparation strategy of English Section for IBPS PO Mains. Before we dive into the strategy, lets have a look at the English section marking schemes and other details for IBPS PO Mains 2019.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SECTION OF IBPS PO Mains 2019
This is the most important topic for the PO Mains exam. There can be 2 RC in the exam.The topics of RC can be based on banking, finance, and economy. Reading Comprehension is generally easy when compared to other topics and questions asked in the English Language Section. If you are very good at this topic, you can attempt it in the starting as passage can be lengthy.
Spotting Errors/Sentence Errors/Improvements:
This part is related to grammar rules. But if all the rules stays well in your mind and you have practiced it well then this part should be attempted first. Questions based on error detection needs special attention because the very minute errors may go unnoticed and candidate may mark it as No error. So never mark your answers on random guessing. Be very careful.
If you are not so good at this part, still you can manage to do the questions. All you need to find the connection between the two parts and mark the correct answer keeping in mind the word limit for it. As the option may sometimes confuse you with the order of the sentences.
This part is not time taking. You can attempt it in the starting of the English section as well. One needs to chose the correct option in the blank in the best possible way.
This is also a very important topic for English Section. This is also a scoring topic if you prepare it well. First, read the paragraph so that you can have an idea about the idea behind the topic.
Starters are mainly asked in the Bank PO exam. They are not very difficult to tackle with if you have practiced fine for it. These questions might consume more time and therefore it is suggested to attempt them ones the candidate is done with other questions in the Mains examination.
It is a part of mains examination, inference questions might sometimes be confusing. You might be given an inference where you will need to find it through several paragraph following the inferences or you might be given a paragraph and several choices of inference which could possibly justify the information asked in the paragraph.
Under these questions, the candidate will be given several statements which form a coherent paragraph. Along with it there will be a statement that will not fit in with other statements to form a logical sequence.
Phrasel Verb: You can expect questions from this topic even in the form of cloze test. There may not be much questions on this topic but the knowledge of this topic is important from the IBPS PO Mains exam point of view.
How to prepare English for IBPS PO Mains?
- If you are well versed with the rules and concepts of the English section. Practice is the only key to success.
- Make notes of different important topics that you may require at the last moment of your exam preparation and revise them thoroughly.
- Make a habit of reading magazines and newspaper on daily basis to improve your reading skills.
- Make plan on the sheet and stick to from the day you start your preparation.
- Do not waste much of your time at the topics you are really good at. Look for the important topics to be covered for English in IBPS PO Mains.
- Take Best mock test for IBPS PO Mains to analyze your performance. This will help you analyze your performance so that you can work on your weak points to improve on them.
- Practice from section-wise test also to keep a check on your practice for this section. So that you can focus on particular topic as well.
- Improve your Reading and vocabulary. This is the major factor to Ace in the IBPS PO Mains English language.