The State bank of India is conducting the SBI PO Exam and has released a notification regarding the same on the SBI‘s official website. The online application window is already opened and the aspirants who are willing to apply for this position should apply before 4th December 2020. Aspirants find the English section in the banking exam one of the trickiest sections and for some aspirants, this section is their weak point. In this article, we will be discussing how the aspirants can make this section their strength and master it for SBI PO Exam 2020.
SBI PO Important Dates
|Sr. No.||SBI PO notification 2020-21 Activity||SBI PO Recruitment Dates|
|1||SBI PO 2020 Notification Release Date||13 November 2020|
|1||SBI PO Apply Online Start Dates||14 November 2020|
|2||SBI PO Prelims Exam Date||31st December 2020, 2nd, 4th & 5th January 2021|
|3||Result of Online exam – Preliminary||3rd week of January 2021|
|4||SBI PO Mains Exam Date||29th January 2021|
|5||Result of Online Examination – Main||3rd/ 4th week of February 2021|
|6||Download Call Letter for Personal Interview||3rd/ 4th week of February 2021 onwards|
|7||Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||February/ March 2021|
|8||Declaration of Final Result||Last week of March 2021|
How to ace the English Section in SBI PO 2020?
In the banking examinations, the English section has three sub-sections that our grammar, vocabulary, and reading comprehension. The candidates who attempt this section are judged based on their reading, writing, And analytical skills. The candidates need to follow some strategies to improve the above-mentioned aspects to score well in the English section. Let us discuss in detail some important tips to improve the vocabulary, grammar, and reading skills which will ensure the scoring of excellent marks.
Tips to Improve Grammar
- Candidates must read the basic English grammar books and clear their basic concepts by understanding and practicing the examples.
- The proper time to understand the rules of tenses shall be given.
- Candidates must focus on reading different genres and styles of writing and not stick to a particular genre.
- Candidates must read the difference between confusing words that means the words that sound similar or even are spelled the same but their meanings are different. Practicing this will surely help the aspirants cover one of the most important topics in the English section.
- Topics like error spotting, sentence correction, phrase replacement, para completion, para summary, etc. are some topics that come from the grammar section so the aspirants must practice these too.
Tips to improve vocabulary
- One of the easiest ways to improve vocabulary is to use some captious Words in daily life and read more words from the dictionary or Online.
- Practice vocabulary questions from the previous year’s papers and analyze yourself to improve the mistakes that may occur in the future.
- Read Classics, science fiction, Online blogs, biographies, etc. in which the sentences are framed using captious words and search the meaning of those words for a better understanding and the improvement of your vocabulary.
- Some of the topics like fill in the blanks, cloze test, words Association, spellings, etc.Will be seen in the vocabulary section. Candidates must practice these topics as well Will be seen in the vocabulary section. Candidates must practice these topics as well.
Tips to improve reading skill
- Improving reading skills is very important as it is required in each section of the examination. What are the basic formulas to improve the skill is to read itself. Reading daily newspapers and editorials will surely help the reading and analytical skills of candidates.
- Make a note of the important points from the text that you have read. This will improve your skill of highlighting the important topic which is being talked about. This will help the candidates to sport the answer at the time of reading the comprehension is in the examination.
Other important strategies to score well in the English section
- Candidates must ensure that they are fully familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus of the English section of the exam they’re appearing for.
- Time management should be the key. English section consumes the highest amount of time in any examination. Aspirants must attempt the questions in minimal time.
- Accuracy should also be the key. With time management is it is also important for the candidates to attempt questions with correct answers. If a candidate is doubtful about the question he/she must leave that question to prevent any negative marking.
- Attempt question papers and test series consisting of English sections and practice them.