Nature Index table 2020 has released, India is placed twelfth globally in science research output. The top five positions have gone to the United States of America, China, Germany, United Kingdom and Japan. The annual tables highlight the institutions and countries that dominated high-quality research in the natural sciences in 2019 as tracked by Nature Index. The 2020 tables are based on Nature Index data from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019.
Three of the autonomous institutions of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India have found their place among top 30 Indian Institutions including universities, IITs, IISERs, and Research Institutions and Labs as per Nature Index 2020 ratings.
- UNICEF Publishes “LOST AT HOME” Report: Read to Know More
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) completes 5 years of implementation
- Union HRD Minister releases “India Rankings 2020” for Higher Educational Institutions
Top 20 countries in the Nature Index 2020:
|1||United States of America|
Top 3 Institutions (Global):
|1||Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China|
|2||Harvard University, United States of America (USA)|
|3||Max Planck Society, Germany|
Top 3 Indian Institutions (Global)
|India Ranks||Global Ranks||Institutions|
|1||160||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)|
|2||184||Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore|
|3||260||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
- Uttarakhand releases report on conservation of endemic, threatened floras
- International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing: 5 June
- World Brain Tumour Day 2020 on 8 June
- Endangered Species Day 2020
- FSSAI releases State food safety index for 2019-20
What is the Nature Index?
• The Nature Index is a database of author affiliation information collated from research articles published in an independently selected group of 82 high-quality science journals.
• The database is compiled by Nature Research, a division of the international scientific publishing company Springer Nature that publishes academic journals. Nature Research’s flagship publication is Nature, a weekly multidisciplinary journal first published in 1869.
• The Nature Index provides a close to real-time proxy of high-quality research output and collaboration at the institutional, national and regional level.
• The Nature Index is updated monthly and also releases annual tables of country.
- MOHUA announced results of Star rating of garbage-free cities
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- World Thalassaemia Day 2020: Need to Know Types, Symptoms, History
- European Union announces 750 billion- euro COVID-19 recovery fund
How the Nature Index ratings calculated?
The Nature Index is a database of author affiliations and institutional relationships. The index tracks contributions to research articles published in 82 high-quality natural science journals, chosen by an independent group of researchers.
You may also like to read:
- Current Affairs one-liners
- Current Affairs & Daily GK Updates 2020
- Download GA Power Capsule for Bank/Insurance Exams
About Nature Index metrics:
The metrics of the Index are article count, fractional count and multilateral and bilateral collaboration scores which will help to track research output and collaboration.
- Bank eBook Plus Pack (12 Months)
- Bank Maha Pack Subscription (12 Months)