Election Commissioner 2020: The new Election Commissioner has been announced on Friday by Union Ministry of Law and Justice. Rajiv Kumar, the Ex-finance secretary has been appointed for the post of new election commissioner of India by President Ram Nath Kovind. Kumar replaced Ashok Lavasa who resigned from the post of election commissioner earlier this week. Rajiv Kumar will be holding the position after Ashok Lavasa demits the office on the completion of his tenure 31st August. It has also been announced that in May 2022 on the basis of seniority principle, Rajiv Kumar will take over the post of Chief Election Commissioner after present CEC Sushil Chandra’s retirement.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 15 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
Track record of Rajiv Kumar
- Rajiv Kumar holds a bachelor’s degree in law, a bachelor’s degree in zoology, and a master’s degree in public policy & sustainability.
- Rajiv Kumar is the retired IAS officer of 1984 batch of Jharkhand cadre and holds more than 30 years of experience in administration and public policies of several sectors.
- In September 2017, Rajiv Kumar was appointed as Union Finance Secretary and ended his period in February 2020. During his services, he oversaw the government’s renovations of the public sector banks, and also implemented the fruitful agendas for improving the functioning of banks.
- During his 2 years in the Department of Personnel and Training, he successfully implemented the appraisal system for the promotion of senior IAS officers
- In April 2020, he was appointed as the Chairperson of the Public Enterprises Selection Board.
- Rajiv Kumar was a part of Financial Budget 2020,Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, and many such other schemes.
- Besides all these above-mentioned tasks, Rajiv Kumar was also involved in various other legal and financial modifications. He was one of the trustworthy employees in the Prime Minister’s office.
What are the roles and responsibilities of Election Commission in India?
The Election Commission is the constitutional organization that consists of the Chief Election Commissioner and two Election Commissioners where the final decision comes out with a majority of votes. In India, the role of Election Commission is to conduct and administer elections in India. According to Article 324, the Election Commission is fully responsible for defining and controlling the course of elections held at various stages of the state legislatures, the Parliament, offices of President, and Vice-President.