RBI Grade B 2019 exam for prelims stage is to be held on 9th November 2019. Less than a month is left for the exam and a lot is to be covered. Most of the students preparing for RBI Grade B have their mains focus on general awareness section due to but obvious reason. However, as there is sectional cut-off in the exam, so missing on a single section can affect your selection. This article is dedicated to help you in acing through the English section for RBI Grade B 2019 exam. We will take you to the exam pattern and syllabus in brief first, so that you can relate your specific preparation to the overall preparation for prelims stage as it is approaching shortly. With ht help of this article, you will be able to live your dream of becoming RBI grade b officer.
RBI Grade B exam pattern and syllabus is the same as last year. The recruitment is conducted in three stages: Prelims, Mains and Interview. Here we are giving tips to ace through the English section. The English comes in descriptive paper in the mains exam and is objective nature in prelims.
This package Includes IBPS RRB Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
IBPS RRB Mains, IBPS CLERK, IBPS PO, LIC ASSISTANT, IBPS SO, IBPS PO Mains, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, Assistant, IBPS RRB PO Prelims, etc.
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more...
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 8 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern for Prelims
RBI Grade B exam differs from other banking examination. We have given the RBI Grade B exam pattern for prelims 2019:
|Subject||No. Of Questions||Marks|
There is a sectional cut-off in the RBI Grade B 2019 exam for prelims. There is also a penalty of 0.25 per question for every wrong attempts.
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2019
The syllabus of prelims and mains exam is very comprehensive for RBI Grade B 2019. The English language comes in both prelims as well as mains, only there is change in the nature. To know the detailed syllabus of RBI Grade B exam, click on the link given below.
How to prepare for English Section of RBI Grade B Exam?
Preparation for RBI Grade B demands consistent efforts due to the level of difficulty and the dynamic nature of the exam.The English section of RBI Grade B exam is present in prelims as well as mains. Let’s dig deep into the strategy to help you ace this section.
RBI Grade B syllabus for English Section
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Spotting
- Idioms and Phrases
Topic-wise preparation tips:
1. Reading Comprehension: Reading comprehension is generally of easy to moderate level. It comprises of at least 5 questions in total. 13 questions were asked from this topic in RBI Grade B 2018. Here is a detail:
- Improve your reading skills. You can either read newspaper or sample comprehension for helping you understand the passage.
- Read the question asked in the comprehension carefully.
- Most of the vocabulary, antonym and synonyms are asked under this section.
- Read the first and last paragraph if you do not have the time to read the whole passage and answer the question of What author want to convey accordingly.
- Read the basic rules of grammar used in the cloze test and error spotting. Do not go deep into the grammar rules.
- If any question is taking much time, please skip that as it can save time for rest of the sections and questions.
2. Fill in the blanks: There are 1-2 questions which comes surely in the RBI Grade B exam. 4 questions approx of fill in the blanks type were there in the previous year’s RBI Grade B exam.
- It does not require much efforts.
- You do not even need grammar knowledge to solve these questions.
- Practice sample questions and ace this easily.
3. Cloze test and Error-spotting: 3-5 questions are asked from this topic. You should have basic knowledge of grammar to deal with this topic. In 2018, So read them and ace this. Practice as much as you can.
4. Para-jumbles (Sentence Rearrangement): At least 4-5 questions are asked in the RBI Grade B exams. In 2018, 5 questions from this topic were asked. Here are some tips:
- The para-jumbles can be aced easily without the knowledge of grammar.
- Little brain storming can help to deal.
- Practice few questions and you can easily deal with it.
5. Miscellaneous: Idioms, phrases, vocabulary, antonym and synonyms are the topics other than the above topics that forms at least 7-8 marks in RBI Grade B exam. So, go through previous year papers and mock test to ace these topics.
You may also like to read: