SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022: To ensure selection for the post of SEBI Grade A, candidates must get familiar with the SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022. The exam pattern of SEBI Grade A is a little bit different from other banking exams as in phase 1 itself the post-oriented knowledge of the candidates will be tested. The SEBI Grade A syllabus 2022 will give you an overview of the topics to be prepared for the SEBI Grade A Phase 1 exam. SEBI Grade A Phase I exam 2022 is scheduled to be held on 27th August 2022. In this article, we have provided SEBI Grade A syllabus and exam pattern 2022 for phase 1 and 2.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022
Before knowing the SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022, candidates are advised to check the important details of the SEBI Grade A 2022 exam which is mentioned below in this table.
|Exam Conducting Body||Securities and Exchange Board of India|
|Exam Name||SEBI Grade A 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Phase-I Exam Date||27th August 2022|
|Phase-II Exam Date||24th September 2022|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark|
|Negative Marking||¼th mark|
|Selection Process||Phase-I Online Examination
Phase-II Online Examination
Phase-III Interview Round
SEBI Grade A Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates must go through the detailed syllabus, in order to get an overview of what to prepare and to make their study plan accordingly. To get a selection in the SEBI, candidates must start their preparation now without wasting their time. The SEBI will recruit the candidates based on the phase I examination, Phase-II examination, and the interview round. The SEBI Grade A phase I and Phase II exam is the online screening test. Candidates are advised to check the detailed exam pattern and syllabus of the Phase I exam and Phase II exams from the tables provided below.
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2022
The SEBI Grade A Exam will have 2 papers in each phase which will be objective in nature. the detailed Phase I and Phase II exam pattern is given below.
The Phase I examination will consist of 2 papers: Paper I and Paper II. The Paper I exam will be common for all streams and Paper II will be according to the streams of the candidates. The detailed exam pattern for Paper 1 and Paper II is discussed below.
|Paper||Stream/ Subjects||Max. Marks||Duration||Cut Off|
|Paper I||All Streams: Multiple choice questions on the subjects viz. General Awareness (including some questions related to the Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level), English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Test of Reasoning.||100||60 minutes||30%|
|Paper-II||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics||100||40 minutes||40%|
|Legal, Information Technology, & Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subjects related to stream||100||40 minutes||40%|
|Research Stream:– Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce.|
Aggregate Cut off
Note: There will be a negative marking of 1/4th marks for every wrong answers
The Phase II exam will also consist of 2 papers which will be objective type. Similar to Phase I The Paper I exam will be common for all streams and Paper II will be according to the streams of the candidates.
|Paper||Stream/ Subjects||Max. Marks||Duration||Cut Off||Weightage|
|Paper I||All streams: English (Descriptive Test) to test the drafting skills||100||60 minutes||30%||1/3rd|
|Paper-II||General Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics||100||40 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
|Legal, and Official Language stream: Multiple choice questions on Specialized subjects related to the stream.||100||40 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
|Research Stream: Multiple choice questions on subjects Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce.|
|Information Technology Stream: Coding Test (Languages: C++/ JAVA/Python)||100||180 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
|Aggregate Cut off||50%|
Note: There will be a negative marking of 1/4th marks for every wrong answer for Paper 2 in the Phase II Exam(except IT streams for which details will be informed in due course).
Phase II IT Stream
The exam pattern for the phase 2 exam of IT Stream is provided separately in the table below.
|S. No.||Topic||Concept||Language to test concepts||Weightage|
|1||Algorithms||Sorting, Searching, Greedy Algorithms, Dynamic Programming, Backtracking, Divide and Conquer, Pattern Searching||C++/JAVA/Python||40|
|2||Data Structure||Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue, Binary Tree, Indexing, Binary Search Tree, Heap, Hashing, Matrix||C++/JAVA/Python||40|
|3||String Manipulation||Length, Substring, Regex, Search||C++/JAVA/Python||20|
|SEBI Grade A Recruitment 2022||SEBI Grade A Salary 2022|
|SEBI Grade A Eligibility Criteria 2022||GA Questions Asked in SEBI Grade A Exam|
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022
After knowing the detailed exam pattern for Phase I and Phase II exams, let us check the detailed SEBI Grade A syllabus 2022 for each paper for the Phase I and Phase II exams provided below.
SEBI Grade A Phase I Syllabus 2022: Paper 1
The SEBI Grade A syllabus 2022 phase I of Paper I consists of 4 sections which are English language, reasoning ability, quantitative aptitude, and general awareness(including financial awareness). The Paper I will be common for every stream candidate. The paper will be of 100 marks.
- Error Spotting
- Idioms & Phrases
- Sentence Connectors
- Column-based Fillers
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Paragraph Completion
- Fill in the Blanks
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Active and Passive Voice
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Inequality (Quadratic & Quantity based)
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit and Loss
- Problem on Ages
- Permutation, Combination
- Work and Time
- HCF and LCM
- Pipe and cistern
- Speed Distance and Time
- Average, Ratio and Proportion
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Machine Input-Output
- Logical Reasoning
- Order and Ranking
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Number System and Conversions
- Current Affairs
- Financial Awareness
- Countries & Capitals
- Books and Authors
- Important Days
- Awards and Honours
- Important Financial & Economic News
- International & National Organizations
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022 Paper 2: Phase I & Phase II Exam (General Stream)
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022 of Paper 2 for the phase I and Phase II exam is similar. A total number of 100 questions will be asked from the general stream.
Commerce and Accountancy
- Accounting as a financial information system
- Accounting Standards with specific reference to Accounting for Depreciation, Inventories, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, Foreign Exchange Transactions, Investments.
- Cash Flow Statement, Fund flow statement, Financial statement analysis; Ratio analysis
- Accounting for Share Capital Transactions including Bonus Shares, and Right Shares
- Employees Stock Option and Buy-Back of Securities.
- Preparation and Presentation of Company Final Accounts
- Motivation, Morale, and Incentives:-Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Management:-its nature and scope; The Management Processes. Planning, Organization, Staffing, Directing, and Controlling.
- The Role of a Manager in an Organization. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader.
- Leadership Styles;-Leadership Theories;A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development:-Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Direct and Indirect taxes;-Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act(FRBM),
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Inflation:-Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI components, and trends
- Basics of Cost Control and Analysis- (a) Standard Costing, (b) Marginal Costing, (c) Budget, and Budgetary Control.
- Lean System and Innovation – Introduction to Lean System, Just-in-Time (JIT), Kaizen Costing, 5 Ss, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Cellular Manufacturing/ One-Piece Flow Production Systems, Six Sigma (SS), Introduction to Process Innovation and Business Process Re-engineering(BPR)
- Overview of Cost and Management Accounting- Introduction to Cost and Management Accounting, Objectives and Scope of Cost and Management Accounting.
- Methods of Costing- Single Output/ Unit Costing, Job Costing, Batch Costing, Contract Costing, Process/ Operation Costing, Costing of Service Sectors.
The Companies Act, 2013- Specific reference to Chapter III, Chapter IV, Chapter VIII, Chapter X, Chapter XI, Chapter XII, and Chapter XXVII.
- Balance of Payments, Foreign Exchange Markets, Inflation, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Non-banking Financial Institutions.
- Demand and Supply, Market Structures, National Income:-Concepts and Measurement, Classical Vs Keynesian Approach Determination of output and employment, Consumption Function, Investment Function, Multiplier and Accelerator, Demand and Supply for Money, IS-LM, Inflation and Phillips Curve, Business Cycles
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Phase I and II: Stream Wise
The Syllabus for Phase I and Phase II for Grade A officers will be common. The subjects which will be included in Phase I and II streamwise are legal information Technology Engineering: Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering Research Streams Official Language Stream
SEBI Grade A Syllabus for Paper 2 – Legal Stream
|Phase I||Phase II|
Syllabus for Information Technology Paper 2
Phase 1 IT Stream
- Database Concepts
- SQL Queries
- Programming Concepts (Java/C C++ )
- Data Analytics Languages (Python / R)
- Algorithms for problem-solving
- Networking Concepts
- Information & Cyber Security Concepts
- Data warehousing
- Shell Programming
Syllabus for Research Stream
- Economics: Demand and Supply, Market Structures, National Income, Determination of output and employment, Investment Function, Multiplier and Accelerator, Demand and Supply for Money, IS-LM,
Inflation and Phillips Curve, Business Cycles, Inflation, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Non-banking Financial Institutions.
- Public Economics: Public Goods, Tax & Non-Tax Revenue, Direct & Indirect Taxes, Progressive and nonProgressive Taxation, Incidence and Effects of Taxation, Public expenditure, Public Debt, Public Budget and Budget Multiplier
- Statistics and Econometrics: Measures of Central tendency & dispersions, Correlation, Sampling methods, Sampling Distribution, Statistical Inferences, Hypothesis testing, Regression Analysis.
- International Economics: Balance of Payments, Foreign Exchange Markets, Role of International Financial Institutions: BIS, IOSCO, IMF & World Bank
- Financial Markets: Asymmetric Information, Market Model, Market Efficiency, Primary Market, Secondary Market, Commodity Markets, Mutual Funds, Stock Exchanges, Depositories, Clearing Corporations, Credit Rating Agencies, Corporate Debt Market. Forwards, Futures, Options, Hedging, Speculation and Arbitrage.
Syllabus for Official Language
- भारत सरकार की राजभाषा नीतत (Official Language Policy of the Govt. of India) से संबंतित प्रश्न
- तिन्दी से अंग्रेजी अनुवाद [शब्द / वाक्ांश / वाक् / Terms / Phrases / Sentences]
- अंग्रेजी से तिन्दी अनुवाद [शब्द / वाक्ांश / वाक् / Terms / Phrases / Sentences]
- तिन्दी से अंग्रेजी – तवतिक शब्दावली (Legal Terminology)
- अंग्रेजी से तिन्दी – तवतिक शब्दावली (Legal Terminology)
- तिन्दी से अंग्रेजी – प्रशासतनक / बैंतकंग / प ंजी बाजार संबंिी शब्दावली (Administrative / Banking / Capital Market Terminology)
- अंग्रेजी से तिन्दी – प्रशासतनक / बैंतकंग / प ंजी बाजार संबंिी शब्दावली (Administrative / Banking / Capital Market Terminology)
SEBI Grade A Syllabus For Phase II-Paper I
Paper I for Phase II will be common for all the candidates appearing for the SEBI Grade A Phase II exam. The exam will be English descriptive test and will be of 100 marks.
English Writing Skill Syllabus
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and
understanding of the topic including precis writing/ essay writing/ comprehension
|Rajasthan High Court Recruitment 2022|
|UPPCL Recruitment 2022||CBHFL Recruitment 2022|
|PMC Recruitment 2022||PNB Recruitment 2022|
|Shipping Corporation of India Recruitment 2022|
FAQs: SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2022
Q. What is the selection process of SEBI Grade A 2022?
Ans. Candidates will be selected based on the phase I exam, Phase II Exam, and Interview round.
Q. What is the syllabus of the Phase I exam for the general stream of SEBI Grade A 2022?
Ans. The syllabus of the Phase I Exam for the general stream of SEBI Grade A 2022 is provided in the article below.
|Current Affairs April 2022|