UIDAI launched new chatbot ‘Aadhaar Mitra’: For a better resident experience, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new AI/ML-based chatbot called ‘Aadhaar Mitra.’ Moreover, in terms of resolving public complaints, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) once again ranked first among all Group A Ministries, Departments, and Autonomous Bodies.
What is Aadhaar Mitra?
Aadhaar Mitra is a new chatbot that includes the ability to track the progress of Aadhaar PVC cards, provide information on enrollment center location, and verify Aadhaar enrolment/update status. Residents can also use the bot to file complaints and track their progress.
What are the features of Aadhaar Mitra?
- The Aadhaar Mitra has been thoroughly trained on all Aadhaar-related topics, features, and services. Residents can simply type their questions into the chatbot and receive immediate responses.
- The chatbot is available in two languages: Hindi and English. It also allows users to watch related videos on specific topics in order to educate themselves.
- It has improved functionality, such as the ability to track the progress of Aadhaar PVC cards and verify Aadhaar enrolment/update status.
What is UIDAI Chatbot?
UIDAI Chatbot is a chat platform that provides quick and automatic responses about Aadhaar and related features. It is accessible from the UIDAI website’s main page and the resident portal. Users can start chatting with the chatbot by clicking the blue “Ask Aadhaar” button.
How will it benefit the people?
- The organization is facilitating ease of living and is also committed to strengthening its Grievance Redressal Mechanism
- UIDAI is gradually deploying an advanced and futuristic Open-Source CRM solution. The new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution has been designed with advanced features to improve UIDAI service delivery to residents.
- The new CRM solution may handle multiple channels, such as phone calls, emails, chatbots, web portals, social media, letters, and walk-ins, to ensure that complaints are filed, followed up on, and resolved efficiently.
- UIDAI is able to handle approximately 92% of CRM complaints within a week thanks to this unified, resident-centered strategy.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a statutory authority created by the Government of India on July 12, 2016, under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, in accordance with the provisions of the Aadhaar Act 2016.
- Prior to its formation as a statutory authority, UIDAI served as an attached office of the then-Planning Commission (now NITI Aayog)
- The UIDAI is responsible for assigning a 12-digit unique identification (UID) number (Aadhaar) to all Indian residents.
- In the rankings report published by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) for the month of October 2022, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) was once again ranked first among all Group A Ministries, Departments, and Autonomous Bodies for resolving public grievances. UIDAI has topped the rankings for the third month in a row.