The Senkaku Islands dispute, or Diaoyu Islands dispute, concerns a territorial dispute over a gaggle of uninhabited islands referred to as the Senkaku Islands in Japan, the Diaoyu Islands in China and Tiaoyutai Islands in Taiwan. Eight uninhabited islands dwell the East China Sea. They have a complete area of about 7 sq km and lie northeast of Taiwan.
The Senkakus island chain has been administered by Japan since 1972, but its status has remained disputed so far. Both Japan and China claim ownership of those islands. Recently, a local council in southern Japan has approved a bill to change the name of an area containing Senkaku Islands from Tonoshiro to Tonoshiro Senkaku.
This package is a part of Unlimited Validity* Campaign - Valid till promo period end TNCs.
Most recommended & NRA-CET ready
This package Includes IBPS PO & IBPS Clerk Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- Use Code UTSAV to Get 70% off
- 24 Months
- 45th India Ideas Summit 2020
- IMD World Competitiveness Index 2020:
- SIPRI Yearbook 2020: India ranked 6th as nuclear weapons increased since 2019
- Resolving Administrative Confusion: The name change is aimed toward resolving administrative confusion between a locale in downtown Ishigaki, which shares the name “Tonoshiro” almost like the island.
- Increased Chinese Presence: it’s also wiped out response to the increased Chinese presence within the waters on the brink of the Senkakus. In a move to guard territorial integrity, Japan has decided to vary the name.
- Support of the USA: The us features a mutual defense treaty with Japan. If Japanese territory is attacked by a far off power, the us is obligated to defend it.
- Uttarakhand releases report on conservation of endemic, threatened floras
- International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing: 5 June
- World Brain Tumour Day 2020 on 8 June
- Endangered Species Day 2020
- FSSAI releases State food safety index for 2019-20
- China’s Territorial Sovereignty: Bill by Japan may be a serious provocation to China’s territorial sovereignty. The move is illegal.
- Four-Principle Consensus: Urged Japan to abide by the spirit of the four-principle consensus, avoid creating new incidents on the Diaoyu Islands issue, and take practical actions to take care of the steadiness of the East China Sea situation.A four-point principle on improving China-Japan ties was approved in 2014 to develop a interdependent relationship supported common strategic interests.
- Risk of a Crisis: Changing the executive designation would only make the dispute more complicated and convey more risks of a crisis.
- MOHUA announced results of Star rating of garbage-free cities
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- World Thalassaemia Day 2020: Need to Know Types, Symptoms, History
- European Union announces 750 billion- euro COVID-19 recovery fund
Significance for India:
- The development from Japan came just after the violent clash between Indian and Chinese troops over the road of Actual Control in Ladakh’s Galwan Valley.
- Given the trade volume and economic dependency that’s the foremost dominant feature of the bilateral relationship, it might be crucial for India to act wisely.
- By supporting the japanese move, India can diplomatically strengthen its position over Galwan Valley.
- However, Taiwan’s engagement within the dispute is critical because it has supported India over the galwan valley but opposes the move of Japan.
- China has also augmented its naval power to strengthen its overall presence within the Indian Ocean . The move of Japan would give a chance to India to possess a strategic edge over its presence within the Indian Ocean .
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) completes 5 years of implementation
- Union HRD Minister releases “India Rankings 2020” for Higher Educational Institutions
Asia’s next military flashpoint:
- Japan isn’t the sole territorial and maritime dispute that China has long had with many of its neighbours.
- It has island and maritime border disputes with Taiwan, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Vietnam within the South China Sea and its extension.
- Hence, Japan’s move can strengthen the opposite countries territorial and maritime claims.
- Bank eBook Plus Pack (12 Months)
- Bank Maha Pack Subscription (12 Months)