What is difference in career growth an opportunities amongst RBI Grade B and SEBI Officer Grade A? Many students have asked us this question that which one amongst these two is a better opportunity? Students who are preparing for Governement Jobs must compare salary, Job Profile, Growth and other things. SEBI has recently extended its last date. Last Date to apply online for SEBI Grade A is 31 July 2020 and it is expected that RBI Grade B notification might get released till August (once the COVID-19 situation is controlled). Keep on reading as here we are giving you detailed comparison on the basis of career graph, grade, recruitment process etc.
SEBI and RBI both are autonomous Institutions of government. RBI Grade B is a Manager level positions while SEBI Grade A is an Assistant Manager level postion.The central banking authority of India vests in the Reserve bank of India, wherein the persons working in this autonomous institution determine the interest rates, credit rates, etc. of the finance and the banking sectors of the entire country. The monetary policies get framed with the help of the rates that are formulated by the RBI.
- SEBI Assistant Manager Phase I 2020 Online Test Series
- SEBI-GRADE A-Phase 1-Paper 1 + Paper 2 (General) Bilingual Live Classes
Another autonomous body in India, the Securities and Exchange Board of India or the SEBI, is set up to regulate the securities market within the country. Its job would be to formulate rules and policies for the registered investors as well as companies. Public listed companies look up to SEBI as it is the authority for all the investments in stocks and shares etc.
Comparison of RBI Grade B and SEBI Officer Grade A Posts
If you happen to work in any one of the above institutions in the role of an officer, your responsibilities will weigh on the career progression you make at each stage of promotion.
- The pay and the perks of the RBI Grade B officer can get compared to the SEBI Grade A officer, and you will find the difference isn’t as astounding
- The pay policy is better for the RBI officer, but the gross emoluments favor the SEBI officer, which he/ she can choose with or without accommodation.
- The SEBI officer gets more number of additional benefits in the form of allowances as compared to the RBI officer who gets to take home 5 or 6 allowances only.
It needs to be noted that the value of the above-stated salary may vary depending on the city of the posting of the officer.
|Ayushman Bharat Scheme (PM-JAY): Eligibility, Benefits, Coverage, Application Process||SEBI Grade A Apply Online 2020 Last Date Extended till 31 July||What is ANTIFA and Why Trump wants to ban it?||World Milk Day 2020: This Year’s Theme and Importance|
The career graph of both officers
- The RBI Grade B officer can expect to go on to other grades of C, D, E, F. the progression can happen with the performance the officer has in the workplace. The officer can expect to rise to the level of a deputy governor.
- The SEBI Grade, A officer, can go on to other grades as well, such as B, C, D, F. The performance will help them to go further in their career and eventually go on to become the executive director of SEBI.
- Job postings of both officers
- Mumbai is the headquarters of RBI with 31 regional offices in the metro cities, and officers get posted there.
- The transfers happen every 4-5 years depending on the performance of the officer
- SEBI officers can only get posted in Mumbai. But there are chances of getting posted abroad as well, depending on the performance of the officer.
- RBI Grade B 2020: Download Previous Year Papers
- SEBI Officer Grade A 2020 Exam Rescheduled! How should aspirants utilize this time?
Other career opportunities
- RBI officers tend to develop practical knowledge in economics and financial systems as well as build up a strong background in numbers and calculations of rates. They can seek employment in the IMF, World Bank, and other leading banks of the country or elsewhere as a consultant or any other senior positions.
- A strong financial background of SEBI officers will help them seek jobs in the corporate sector and even switch to fundraising later.
It would be justifying to say that perhaps RBI grade B officer has a better salary compared to the SEBI Grade A officer. With the intense training facilities on their campuses, they are thus making it a coveted post to vie for the position of RBI grade B officer. The SEBI Grade, A officer, gets to regulate activities of the market participants and other financial intermediaries, which is also an exciting profile to look forward to as a career choice. Depending on the interest of the candidate, either one of the career choices is worth taking up.
|Unlock 1 Guidelines: Coronavirus India New Lockdown 5.0 Rules||SBI PO 2020||Upcoming Bank Exams 2020: Bank Exam Dates and Detailed Bank Syllabus||UPPSC PCS 2020: Apply Online Date Extended Till June 4|
SEBI and RBI Recruitment Process
SEBI has already released the recruitment notification for Grade A Officers and the has extended the online application date to 31st July 2020. RBI is yet to release the recruitment notification for Grade B Officer for the year 2020.
- SEBI Grade A Online Application 2020 Date Extended to 31 July
- Start your preparation for RBI Grade B 2020
|SEBI Officer Grade A||RBI Grade B|
|Vacancy in 2020||147||will be announced with notification|
|No. of Phases||3||3|
|Recruitment Process||Pre + Main + Interview||Pre + Main + Interview|
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online|
Due to the unfortunate circumstances created by COVID-19 outbreak many recruitment exams are getting delayed and no new notification is being published, but students are advised to keep on studying at home because as soon as the situation is under control, it is expected that all pending recruitment exams will take place in a very short span of time.