IBPS PO Eligibility 2020 Criteria: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS has released the IBPS PO 2020 notification @ibps.in There are a total of 1167 vacancies in different positions among which IBPS PO is also one of the designations. The IBPS PO exam is conducted each year to help candidates get recruited in different Government sector banks of the country and before you apply online for IBPS PO 2020, it is very important that you go through the IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020 given below.
The organisation has made available the application form for the recruitment process online and the last date for the submission of the application form is 26th August 2020. The exams will be held in the month of October 2020. There will be three phases in the recruitment process and these are preliminary exam, mains exam, and the interview.
The allotment of the candidates should be done after completing the whole process by April 2021 as of now.
|Eligibility||Age – 20 to 30 Years, Education- Graduate|
|Recruitment Process||Prelims + Main + Interview|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Online Application Process||5 Aug to 26 Aug 2020|
|Subjects||Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Reasoning Ability & Computer and General Awareness|
|Prelims Exam Date||3rd, 10th and 11th October 2020|
|Main Exam Date||28 Nov 2020|
IBPS PO Eligibility 2020 Criteria
A candidate who is applying for the exam should be a citizen of India. Apart from this, there are other candidates also who can apply such as:
- A subject from Nepal or Bhutan,
- A refugee from Tibet who migrated before 1962
- Indian origin candidates who migrated from the countries Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Burma, and Pakistan with the intention of settling down in India.
Apart from this, candidates need to fulfill age criteria as well as criteria for education qualification in order to apply for the IBPS PO exam 2020.
|IBPS PO 2020 Online Application Link||IBPS PO 2020 Vacancy Detail||IBPS PO 2020 Exam Dates||IBPS PO Syllabus, Exam Pattern 2020|
IBPS PO Educational Qualification
The candidates applying for the exam should have a Degree of Graduation in any discipline from a properly-recognized university in the country. The person should have qualified the exam before the date of 28th August 2020.
IBPS PO Age Requirement
Candidates who are in between the age group of 20 years and 30 years as on the date of 1st August 2020 can apply for the exam of IBPS PO 2020. Though the lower limit of the candidates will be the same for all, there is relaxation offered on the upper limit for different candidates.
- For candidates under the category of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe will have a relaxation of 5 years.
- The OBC candidates will have a relaxation of 3 years.
- Persons with Disabilities that is PwD will have an age relaxation of 10 years.
- Other candidates such as short service commissioned officers, emergency commissioned officers, or ex-servicemen will have an age relaxation of 5 years.
- Also, people who have been impacted by the riots of 1984 and the people who have got domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir between the time period of 1980 and 1989 can enjoy an age relaxation of 5 years each on the upper age limit.
It is important that all the candidates claiming to get relaxation on their age criteria should present proper documents to support the claim.
IBPS PO Eligibility 2020 criteria Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. I have appeared for the Graduation final exam but my results are pending. Can I apply?
Answer: No, you should have passed the degree program exam before applying for the IBPS PO exam.
Q2. Can someone apply for the exam at the age of 19 years if the person from a backward category?
Answer: No, the lower limit for age criteria is fixed at 20 years. There is relaxation provided only on the upper limit on proper documentation.
Q3. Is there any minimum percentage qualification for applying?
Answer: No, there is no such minimum percentage acquired in your Graduation course for applying. You should just have passed the course.
Q4. Can someone from Arts background apply for the exam?
Answer: Yes, anyone having a Graduation degree in any disciple from a recognized university can apply for the exam.
Q5. Are there any attempts to pass the exam?
Answer: There are no such attempts mentioned. If you fulfill the eligibility criteria or age and other mentioned qualifications, you can apply for the exam as many times as you wish to.