Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Ramkrishna Mission ‘Awakening’ Program for students of classes I to V.
Ramakrishna Mission’s Awakening Programme
- It is an initiative towards ensuring overall personality development of a child in line with the philosophy of National Education Policy (NEP), 2020. It has shifted its approach from rot learning towards application of knowledge
- It is for the students of classes I to V.
- Ramakrishna Mission’s ‘Awakening’ Program aims to enable children to build “ATMASHRADDHA” (Self-esteem) and make responsible choices.
- Ramakrishna Mission’s ‘Awakening’ Program helps them to find solutions for all Life Problems.
Background of Ramakrishna Mission’s Awakening Program
- Ramakrishna Mission, Delhi branch, in 2014, Started the Awakened Citizen Program (ACP) for middle school students.
- About 6,000 Schools (KVs, JNVs, Government and private schools) involving 55,000 teachers and 12lacs students benefitted under ACP.
- A program called ‘Awakening’ on the basis of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 has been designed and piloted across 126 schools.
What is the need of Ramakrishna Mission’s Awakening Programme?
- To progress the social transformation in India.
- To inculcate values and wisdom in students.
- Value-based education is as important as Science based which will help in building future-ready and socially conscious generation.
What is Ramakrishna Mission?
- Swami Vivekananda established the Ramakrishna Mission in 1897. This mission was named as Ramakrishna because he was the Guru of Swami Vivekananda.
- Its objective was to bring the noblest ideas to the doorstep of even the poorest and the meanest.
- Ramakrishna Mission works in the area of value-based education, culture, health, women’s empowerment, youth and tribal welfare and relief and rehabilitation.
- Its moto is “ATMANO MOKSHARTHAM JAGAD HITAYA CHA” which means “For one’s own salvation and for the welfare of the world”.
- It is based on modern version of Advaita Vedanta- a School of Indian Philosophy.
Who was Swami Vivekananda?
- He was born as Narendranath Datta on 12 January 1863.
- 12 January is celebrated as National youth day
- He preached ‘neo- Vedanta Philosphy’
- He is best known for his speech at the World Parliament of Religion in Chicago in 1893
- He established Ramakrishna mission and Belur Math.
- General Awareness Quiz Series 2022: 18-19th September
- GK Questions For GK Questions
|Current Affairs April 2022|