Important Days in June 2021: If you are a banking aspirant then you must be knowing that there are definitely 2-3 questions which are asked in exam based on this topic of Important Days. In some exams, the important date of particular day is asked while in others theme of that particular day is asked. It can become very easy to learn them monthly rather than cramming all at once. Your knowledge become really handy and thus we will be covering the List of Important Days of June 2021 in this article, make sure that you go through it. June is also known by other names such as: Aquarium month, dairy month, and many others. There are different important days that are celebrated and observed in this month. Here we are providing detailed list of important days in June 2021.
List of Important Days in June 2021
The following is the detailed list of Important Days in June 2021:
|June 1||World Milk Day|
|Global Day of Parents|
|World Reef Awareness Day|
|June 2||International Sex Workers Day|
|Telangana Formation Day|
|June 3||World Bicycle Day|
|June 4||International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression|
|June 5||World Environment Day|
|June 7||World Food Safety Day|
|June 8||World Brain Tumor Day|
|World Ocean Day|
|June 12||World Day Against Child Labour|
|June 14||World Blood Donor Day|
|June 15||World Wind Day|
|World Elder Abuse Awareness Day|
|June 17||World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought|
|Global Garbage Man Day|
|June 19||World Sickle Cell Awareness Day|
|World Sauntering Day|
|June 20||Summer Solstice|
|International Nystagmus Day|
|World Refugee Day|
|June 21||World Music Day|
|World Hydrography Day|
|International Yoga Day|
|World Father’s Day|
|June 22||World Rainforest Day|
|June 23||International Olympic Day|
|International Widow’s Day|
|June 26||Forgiveness Day|
|International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking|
|International Day in Support of Victims of Torture|
|June 30||Social Media Day|
|World Asteroid Day|
June 1: World Milk Day
The very first day of the month is observed as World Milk Day and Global Day of Parents along with International Reef Awareness Day. World Milk Day is observed to be thankful for the contribution of milk and other dairy products in our lives.
Global Day of Parents is the day to honor and respect parents across the globe.
International Reed Awareness Day is the day to send awareness across the globe about how pollution is putting the beautiful coral reefs under the oceans into danger.
June 2: Telangana Formation Day
Telangana Formation Day celebrates the formation of Telangana as a separate state in India. Telangana is the 29th and the youngest state in India. Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao asked officials to celebrate Telangana formation day as low-key affair due to the coronavirus outbreak in the nation this year.
June 2 is also observed as International Sex Worker’s Day raises concerns about the ethics and working conditions of the sex workers.
June 3: World Bicycle Day
UN announced June 3rd to be World Bicycle Day to raise awareness about its environment-friendly nature. The day reminds us that physical activities such as cycling has significant benefits for health. The mobility needs of people who walk and cycle – often the majority of citizens in a city – continue to be overlooked, states Share the Road Programme Annual Report 2018.
Why World Bicycle Day is celebrated?
The following are the agenda of the World Bicycle Day as mentioned in the official website of the United Nations un.org
- Encourages Member States to devote particular attention to the bicycle in cross-cutting development strategies and to include the bicycle in international, regional, national and subnational development policies and programmes;
- Encourages Member States to improve road safety and integrate it into sustainable mobility and transport infrastructure planning and design, in particular through policies and measures to actively protect and promote pedestrian safety and cycling mobility, with a view to broader health outcomes, particularly the prevention of injuries and non-communicable diseases;
- Encourages stakeholders to emphasize and advance the use of the bicycle as a means of fostering sustainable development, strengthening education, including physical education, for children and young people, promoting health, preventing disease, promoting tolerance, mutual understanding and respect and facilitating social inclusion and a culture of peace;
- Encourages Member States to adopt best practices and means to promote the bicycle among all members of society, and in this regard welcomes initiatives to organize bicycle rides at the national and local levels as a means of strengthening physical and mental health and well-being and developing a culture of cycling in society.
June 4: International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
June 4th is an observation day against a serious concern today and that is harassment of innocent children. This day is observed as International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression.
June 5: World Environment Day
June 5th is observed as World Environment Day to educate people across the world about how to protect the environment against global warming. As per the official website un.org the theme for World Environment Day 2021 is “Ecosystem Reimagine, Recreate, Restore”. The website states “Recent, Pakistan, in collaboration with the UN Environment Programme (UNEP), will be the global host for the day to highlight the importance of ecosystem restoration this year. The event has a participation of over 143 countries annually.”
|List of Presidents||List of Prime Ministers||Largest State of India||Governers of RBI|
|What is PMJDY ?||List of Cabinet Ministers||National Security Act||Chief Election Commissioner of India|
June 7: World Food Safety Day
Contaminated food is the reason for many diseases these days. Hence, June 7th is observed as World Food Safety Day to raise awareness against Food safety.
June 8: World Ocean Day
World Ocean Day is observed to raise concerns about the ocean and aquatic pollution and aware people on how to prevent it. The theme of UN World Oceans Day 2021 is “The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods” Innovation—relating to the introduction of new methods, ideas, or products—is a dynamic term, and one that is fundamentally filled with hope.
World Brain Tumor Day is observed this day to help people know more about the disease and get prevention.
June 12: World Day against Child Labour
Child Labour is still a problem in many nations across the world. This day is observed as World Day against Child Labour to raise awareness against child labor.
June 14: World Blood Donor Day
World Blood Donor Day celebrated on this day states the importance of blood donations. The theme for 2021 campaign is “Safe blood saves lives” with the slogan “Give blood and keep the world-beating.”. The idea is to focus on the contribution an individual giver can make to improve health for others in the community. The following are the objectives for World Blood Donor Day as stated on the official website un.org
- celebrate and thank individuals who donate blood and encourage more people to start donating;
- raise wider awareness of the urgent need to increase the availability of safe blood for use wherever and whenever it is needed to save life;
- demonstrate the need for universal access to safe blood transfusion and provide advocacy on its role in the provision of effective health care and in achieving universal health coverage;
- mobilize support at national, regional and global levels among governments and development partners to invest in, strengthen and sustain national blood programmes.
June 15: World Wind Day
World Wind Day is observed on this day to denote the importance of wind energy for various activities.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is an important day to educate younger people about taking good care of their elders.
June 17: World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought
This day is observed as World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought and Global Garbage Man Day to support the contribution of people who maintain cleanliness and environment.
June 19: World Sauntering Day
June 19th is observed as World Sickle Cell Awareness Day to raise awareness about the diseases related to hemoglobin. Also, this day is observed as World Sauntering Day to motivate people who are worried and depressed.
June 20: World Refugee Day
This day is marked as the start of summer. Also, this day is observed as International Nystagmus Day and World Refugee Day to spread awareness among people. World Refugee Day theme for the year 2019 was #StepWithRefugees — Take A Step on World Refugee Day
June 21: World Music Day
This day celebrated music and also made people aware of the hydrographic level with World Music Day and World Hydrography Day. Also, International Yoga Day and Father’s Day are celebrated to spread awareness about the importance of yoga in daily life and to respect the Father figures of our life.
June 22: World Rainforest Day
World Rainforest Day is observed to raise concerns about safeguarding the rainforests. World Rainforest Day reminds us to celebrate precious natural resource each year and take action to preserve it. They are crucial for life on our planet earth as hey provide us with the freshwater we drink, but they absorb carbon dioxide, stabilize climate patterns, and provide a home to half the world’s plant and animal species. As per data, over the last 40 years, deforestation has stripped an area equivalent to the size of Europe, or 1 billion hectares, from tropical rainforests.
June 23: International Olympic Day
International Olympic Day celebrates the importance of the Olympic Games. Also, World Widow’s Day is observed to respect widows and stop harassment against them. The first Olympic Day was celebrated on 23 June 1948. On this occasion, Sigfrid Edström, IOC President at that time, conveyed a message to the young people of the world. Portugal, Greece, Austria, Canada, Switzerland, Great Britain, Uruguay, Venezuela and Belgium organised an Olympic Day in their respective countries.
June 26: International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
June 26th has three important things to observe and these are Forgiveness Day, International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, and International Day in Support of Victims of Torture to raise concerns of humanity across the globe. The following were the themes in past years-
- 2016-2018 – “Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe”
- 2015 – “Lets Develop — Our Lives — Our Communities — Our Identities — Without Drugs”
- 2014 – “A message of hope: Drug use disorders are preventable and treatable”
- 2013 – “Make health your ‘new high’ in life, not drugs”
- 2012 – “Global Action for Healthy Communities without Drugs”
- 2011 – “Say No!”
- 2010 – “Think health – not drugs”
- 2009 – “Do drugs control your life? Your life. Your community. No place for drugs.”
- 2008 – “Do drugs control your life? Your life. Your community. No place for drugs.”
- 2007 – “Do drugs control your life? Your life. Your community. No place for drugs.”
- 2006 – “Value yourself…make healthy choices”
- 2005 – “Drugs is not child’s play”
- 2004 – “Drugs: treatment works”
- 2003 – “Let’s talk about drugs”
- 2002 – “Substance abuse and HIV/AIDS”
- 2001 – “Sports against drugs”
- 2000 – “Facing reality: denial, corruption and violence”
June 30: World Asteroid Day
World Asteroid Day is observed on the last day of June in remembrance of the asteroid Siberian Tunguska. Also, the world celebrates the importance of social media on this day by observing Social Media Day.
Image Courtesy: asteroidday.og
Important Days in June 2021: Video
Month-Wise Important Days & Dates 2021
|April||Important Days in April 2021|
|May||List of Important Days In May 2021|
|June||Important Days in June 2021|
|Full List of Important Days & Dates 2021|
FAQs: Important Days in June 2021
Q1. When is World Asteroid Day celebrated?
Ans: World Asteroid Day is celebrated on 30th June.
Q2. When is World Environment Day celebrated?
Ans. World Environment Day is celebrated on 5th June every year.
Q3. When is World Refugee day celebrated?
Ans. World Refugee Day is observed on 20th June every year
Q4. Why is World day against Child Labour celebrated?
Ans. Every year on 12 June World Day Against Child Labour is observed to focus attention on the global extent of child labor and the action and efforts needed to eliminate it.