LIC AAO and AE Syllabus 2020:The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) this year is recruiting Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) & Assistant Engineer (AE) to fill in 200+ vacancies. The recruitment notice was released on the official website licindia.in and the preliminary exam which was sheduled to take place on 4 April was postponed due to coronavirus outreak in the country. This has also given students ample amount of time to prepare for the exam, so do check out LIC AAO and AE Syllabus given below.
LIC AAO Syllabus and LIC AE Syllabus for Prelims
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Order and Ranking
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement and Assumption, Statement & Conclusion, Argument and Cause & Effect)
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Pie Chart)
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equations)
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns).
|Vizag gas leak: What styrene is for, and how it behaves||New Seven Wonders of the World||Types of Cards used in Banking System||Bank Holidays 2020: Complete List of Bank Holiday 2020 in India|
English Language with special emphasis on grammar, vocabulary and comprehension:
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Errors
- Vocabulary based questions
- Sentence Improvement
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Word Usage
- Paragraph related question (Para connectors, para completion, para restatement, paragraph inference, para fillers)
Note: LIC AAO & AE 2020 mains syllabus will be updated in due course.
LIC AAO & AE 2020: Exam Pattern
The selection procedure of LIC AAO & Assistant Engineer is a three-tier process:
- Preliminary Exam – Phase I
- Mains Exam – Phase II
|Current Affairs April 2020: The Hindu Review | Download Now||Bank Holidays 2020: Complete List of Bank Holiday 2020 in India||How to prepare for LIC AAO/AE 2020 Prelims Exam||New Seven Wonders of the World|
LIC AAO Exam Pattern For Prelims Exam
|Sr. No.||Subjects||No of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration||Medium of Exam||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|1.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes||Hindi/English||SC/ST/PwBD-16Others- 18|
|2.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes||Hindi/English||SC/ST/PwBD-16Others- 18|
|3.||English Language with special emphasis on grammar, vocabulary and comprehension||30###||30||20 minutes||English||SC/ST/PwBD-09Others- 10|
###English Language test will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
Candidates equal to 20 times of number of vacancies in each category, subject to availability, will be shortlisted for Main examination.
LIC AAO & AE 2020 Mains Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Sections||Number of questions||Marks||Time (Minutes)||Medium of Exam||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|1.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||30||90||40||Hindi/English||SC/ST/PwBD- 40
|4.||Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||30||60||20||Hindi/English||SC/ST/PwBD- 27
|5.||English Language (Letter writing & Essay)/ Legal drafting for AAO (Legal)||2||25##||30||English||SC/ST/PwBD- 9
##Descriptive test of English Language etc. will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
LIC AAO & AE 2020: Interview
Candidates who will qualify LIC AAO & AE Mains 2020 will have to appear for the final round i.e. Interview. Marks obtained in Main examination plus marks obtained in interview will be considered for final merit listing.
Frequently Asked questions:
Q. What are the important Quantitative Aptitude topics for LIC AAO And AE 2020?
Ans. Data Interpretation, Arithmetic, Number series, Simplification & Approximation etc.
Q. When is the Prelims for LIC AAO And AE 2020 is scheduled?
Ans. Earlier the Prelims for LIC AAO And AE 2020 was scheduled to be held on 4th April 2020 but due to coronavirus the exam is postpone and exam date is yet to be announced soon.
Q. Is there any normalization of marks in LIC AAO exam?
Ans. Any competitive exam which is conducted in more than one shift all over India have normalization.
Q. What are important topics from the reasoning ability section?
Ans. Direction Test, Puzzles and Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input-Output, Inequality, Blood Relation.
Q. What are the qualifying marks for the mains examination?
Ans. The qualifying marks for the mains examination is 160 out of 325
Q. What are the qualifying marks for the Prelims examination?
Ans. The qualifying marks for the Prelims examination is 46 out of 100.