One of the most asked topic in banking exam is Machine Input-Output which usually carries 3-5 marks in Prelims and in mains, it can carry more marks. This is an important topic and hence students can’t afford to give it a cold-shoulder and get the selection. It is an easy topic and you can easily crack it with sufficient amount of practice. In this article, we will be telling you some tips and tricks of acing this topic and how you can excel in this topic. The tips and tricks mention in this article are generalize tips and you can always modify them with your own strategy of solving this topic.
|How To Crack Bank Mains Exam In First Attempt?||How To Crack Bank Prelims Exams In First Attempt?||Phrase Replacement: Tips And Tricks And Questions With Example|
What Is Input- Output?
Machine Input-Output or Input-Output basically refers to a type in which students are told that a certain statement when went a certain operation then a certain we get a certain output. Students are expected to find that logic and then solve another set of question following the same logic. You can find questions on this topic in prelims as well as in Mains. The difference between the two exams is the level of difficulty.
Approach For Solving The Questions
(1) Our 1st step will be to see the input.
(2) In 2nd step, we should see the final output.
(3) And at last, the focus should be on first step to understand the pattern of arrangement.
Types of Logic Followed In Input-output:
* Words are arranged in ascending order.
For example : A, B, C, D, E,F,G,……
* Words are arranged in descending order
For example : X, W, S, P, K, H, D, B…….
* Number are arranged in ascending order.
For example : 1, 2, 7, 9, 10, 13, 17, 22, 24,……….
* Number of count of words are in ascending order.
For example : I, do, pen, wise, Mango, should, Elephant ……….
* Number of Count of words are in descending order.
For example : Mangoes, could, kite, egg, to, I…..
* Sum of digits are in ascending order
For example : 9, 10, 11, ,12, 21, 13, 32, 51, 61, 81, 28……..
* Sum of digits are in descending order.
For example : 15, 28, 81, 61, 51, 32, 13, 21, 11, 10……
|List of Current Governors in India 2020 – Check Updated Indian Governors of states And UTs||What Is The Lead Bank Scheme in India?||World Ocean Day 2020 On 8 June- Origin, Significance, Theme, And Facts|
Points To Remember
(1) In Input-output, students are advised to pay keen attention to understand the pattern of the steps, how they are arranging.
(2) After looking at the first step and then to the last step can actually help you to understand the pattern of question.
(3) There are other pattern as well which you will understand so be careful in mix shifting pattern, i.e. shifting from both left and right side.
(4) There are some questions in which characters/digits get automatically arranged in steps.
(5) One of the most important thing is to be noted that from given step, previous step can’t be determined.
Let’s Understand this concept with an example:
Example 1- Input: 2568 7625 9732 8214 1129 4622
Step I: 8652 7652 9732 8421 9211 6422
Step II: 6422 7652 8421 8652 9211 9732
Step III: 62 72 81 82 91 92
Step IV: 4 5 7 6 8 7
Explanation: Logic- For step I- All the digits of the given numbers in the input are arranged in descending order within the numbers.
For Step II- All the numbers obtained in step I are then arranged in ascending order from the left end.
For Step III- Middle two digits of the numbers are omitted and the result is obtained.
For step IV- The digits of the numbers obtained in step III are then subtracted.
|SBI PO 2020||IBPS PO 2020||SBI Clerk 2020||IBPS Clerk 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020||RBI Assistant 2020||LIC AAO & AE||SEBI Grade A 2020|