One of the factor that is require to clear any exam especially IBPS RRB 2020 is the speed in calculating large numbers at ease. It is very important that you have a good hand at calculation otherwise it will be tough battle for you to fight. There are only two sections in IBPS RRB 2020 and thus you cannot afford to be good at just one. There will be sectional cut-off as well as overall cut off and you have to clear the both in order to stand in the league of selected students. In this space we will be telling you some of the must do that can help you to speed up your calculation speed.
|Online Banking Preparation Resource Center||How Can I Crack SBI Clerk In First attempt?||Tricks And Tips To Solve Seating Arrangement Puzzles|
Strategy To Improve Calculation For IBPS RRB 2020 Exams
1.First thing first, learn the table. No battle can be won without getting your basic weapons ready. Learning table is your that basic weapon that can help you to increase your calculation speed.
2. Next thing that can help you to speed up your calculation will be learning the squares and cubes upto 25 atleast. The more you will do and practice, the better you will be.
3. Learn fractional values of some of the important fractions, we are giving you the complete table. Make sure you learn them properly as questions from them are asked in examination.
|1/2||50 %||1/11||9.09 %||1/20||5.00 %||5/8||62.5 %|
|1/3||33.33 %||1/12||8.33%||1/21||4.76 %||7/8||87.5 %|
|1/4||25 %||1/13||7.69 %||1/22||4.54 %||2/3||66.66 %|
|1/5||20 %||1/14||7.14 %||1/23||4.35 %||5/6||83.33 %|
|1/6||16.67 %||1/15||6.66 %||1/24||4.166 %||4/5||80 %|
|1/7||14.28 %||1/16||6.25 %||1/25||4.00 %|
|1/8||12.5 %||1/17||5.88 %||1/30||3.33 %|
|1/9||11.11 %||1/18||5.55 %||3/8||37.5 %|
|1/10||10 %||1/19||5.26 %||2/5||40 %|
4. Learn the Divisibility rules as it will be beneficial for you to do the calculation in no time.
|Numbers||If a Number|
|Divisible by 2||End with 0,2,4,6,8 are divisible by 2|
|Divisible by 3||Sum of its digits is divisible by 3|
|Divisible by 4||Last two digit divisible by 4|
|Divisible by 5||Ends with 0 or 5|
|Divisible by 6||Divides by Both 2 & 3|
|Divisible by 8||Last 3 digit divide by 8|
|Divisible by 10||End with 0|
|Divisible by 11||[Sum of its digit in odd places-Sum of its digits in even places]= 0 or multiple of 11|
5. Learn the different tricks that can really help you to fasten your calculation like Digital sum method that is explained below:
- In this method, we get the digit-sum of a number by adding across the number. for eg, the digit-sum of 13022 is 1+3+0+2+2=8
- The trick is to always reduce the digit-sum to a single figure. for eg, the digit-sum of 5264 is 5+2+6+4=17 and further reduce it to single figure i.e 17 is reduced to a single figure i.e. digit sum of 1+7=8.
- What is important to note here is the fact that in adding across a number we may drop out 9, 9 doesn’t count on digit sum. eg1: digit sum of 9901is (0+1)= 1 or eg2: digit sum of 279 is (2+7+9)= 0 here digit sum of (2,7) makes 9.
- Even for decimals, the process remains the same but we don’t pay attention to the decimal points. The digit sum of 6.256 is (6+2+5+6)=19, neglect 9= digit sum is 1
- We can apply this trick for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. You can straight away eliminate the options based on this method.
6. There are lots of tips and tricks to simplify the Multiplication process, learning the short tricks to find out the squares of any number. We are giving you the direct links of all these tricks, make sure you go through them once as it will be really helpful for you.
Let’s practice what you have learned so far by taking the following quizzes
Make sure you do give these quizzes to test the clarity of the tricks mentioned above. We will keep updating some more useful tips and tricks here so make sure you keep visiting bankersadda!
|SBI PO 2020||IBPS PO 2020||SBI Clerk 2020||IBPS Clerk 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020||RBI Assistant 2020||LIC AAO & AE||SEBI Grade A 2020|