THE Young University Ranking 2020 released
Times education (THE) has released the world’s young university ranking for the relatively newer generation of universities, which are 50 years old or younger. The 2020 ranking includes 414 universities, up from 351 in 2019. As many as two Indian universities made it into the highest 100, while none could enter the ’50 under 50′ category.
The Young University Rankings are supported an equivalent metrics because the the World University Rankings. But the weightings are recalibrate to reflect young universities’ missions, with less emphasis on reputational surveys and more on factors like research productivity, staff-student ratios, institutional income and doctoral education.
The young university ranking judges varsities on the idea of 5 parameters of teaching, research, international outlook and industrial output with weightages of 30 per cent to teaching, research and citation each and 7.5 per cent weightage to international aspect and 2.5 to the industry aspect.
- China-Japan: Senkaku Islands Dispute
- 45th India Ideas Summit 2020
- IMD World Competitiveness Index 2020:
- SIPRI Yearbook 2020: India ranked 6th as nuclear weapons increased since 2019
Asia’s Univeristies lead the ranking:
Asia is home to the world’s leading two young universities for the primary time, consistent with Times Higher Education’s latest ranking. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology tops the THE Young University Rankings for the third consecutive year, while Nanyang Technological University, Singapore ranks second, up from third last year. Both universities have very similar profiles, excelling within the areas of international outlook and citation impact, but also achieving high scores for research environment and knowledge transfer.
The best among the youngest institutes within the country is IIT-Ropar at 62nd rank. This is despite the institute having scored 0 per cent within the international students’ category. The second in India is IIT Indore at 64th rank.
- Uttarakhand releases report on conservation of endemic, threatened floras
- International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing: 5 June
- World Brain Tumour Day 2020 on 8 June
- Endangered Species Day 2020
- FSSAI releases State food safety index for 2019-20
THE Young University Rankings 2020: Indian Universities
|64th rank||IIT Indore|
|101-150 band||IISER Pune|
|151-200 band||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham|
- MOHUA announced results of Star rating of garbage-free cities
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- World Thalassaemia Day 2020: Need to Know Types, Symptoms, History
- European Union announces 750 billion- euro COVID-19 recovery fund
The best among the worldwide varsities within the world is that the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
THE Young University Rankings 2020: the top 10
|1.||The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong|
|2.||Nanyang Technological University, Singapore|
|3.||Paris Sciences et Lettres – PSL Research University, Paris, France|
|4.||Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies – Pisa, Italy|
|5.||Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea|
|6.||Maastricht University (Netherlands)|
|7.||City University of Hong Kong|
|8.||Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), South Korea|
|9.||Sorbonne University, France|
|10.||Pompeu Fabra University, Spain|
- Bank eBook Plus Pack (12 Months)
- Bank Maha Pack Subscription (12 Months)