The post of President and Vice-president are the two top-most position in India. There are lots of power that is vested with the official holding these positions. One of the factor that set these posts apart is the salary offered to the official and other perks. Readers are always curious to know about the salary and perks which are offered to different official of our nation. In this article we will be discussing the salary and perks which are offered to President and Vice-president of our country.
|List of Current Governors in India 2020 – Check Updated Indian Governors of states And UTs||World Ocean Day 2020 On 8 June- Origin, Significance, Theme, And Facts|
What Is The Salary Of President?
President is the head of the Indian state. He is also the head of the all armed forces in the country. The President is also known as the first citizen of the country and acts as the symbol of the integrity and solidarity of the nation. The 14th president of India is Mr. Ram Nath Kovind.
Earlier the salary of the president of India was 1.5 Lakh but In the October 2017, the Government of India decided to increase the salary of The President of India from Rs. 1.5 lakh /month to Rs. 5 lakh / month. After the hike in the salary, a president will get 1.5 lakh as pension & the spouse of the President will also be eligible to get a secretarial assistance of Rs. 30,000 per month.
Given below is the salary and allowances that are currently available to the President:
1. President receives a Salary of Rs.5 lacs per month (Non Taxable)
2. He/she is also provided the free medical facilities.
3. He/she is also provided free accommodation
5. The president of India is provided with a custom-built heavily armored Mercedes Benz S600 (W221) Pullman Guard.
Not only this, the Government of India also spends 22.5 million rupees annually on other expenses like President’s housing, Staff, Food and hosting of guests.
Post Retirement Perks: Given below are the post retirement perk of the president of India
1. After retirement, a president will get Rs.I.5 lakh a month as pension
2. The spouses of Presidents are also eligible to get a secretarial assistance of Rs. 30,000 per month.
3. A furnished rent free bungalow is provided after the retirement.
4. The facility of two free landline and a mobile phone.
5. After retirement, facility of travel free with a companion by train or air.
What Is The Salary Of Vice-President?
After the President, the Vice President of India, is the highest dignitary of India, and certain powers are attached to the office of the Vice President. Earlier the salary of Vice-president was 1.25 Lakh but after the revision, the current salary of Vice-president after the hike is 4 Lakh but when the Vice-president carry out the function and duties of a president in his/her absence then he enjoys the salary and perks of the President. The current Vice-president of India is Venkaiah Naidu.
Given below is the salary and allowances that are currently available to the Vice-President:
1. Vice-President is entitled to a daily allowance.
2. He/She is also provide free furnished residence.
3. Vice-President is also given the medical facility.
4. The travel and other facilities are also provided to the Vice-President.
|SBI PO 2020||IBPS PO 2020||SBI Clerk 2020||IBPS Clerk 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020||RBI Assistant 2020||LIC AAO & AE||SEBI Grade A 2020|