The Government of India gives the special status of Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna to some of the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) who fulfill the criteria through exemplary performance. There is a specific criterion on which such statuses are granted for the chosen units to be called either Maharatna or Navratna . There are several Miniratnas also conferred to those companies who have shown equal promise and excelled in performance and worthy of mention.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 3 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 3 Months
Note: This package is not a part of Double Validity Offer
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 24 Months
- 1 Month
- 3 Months
According to the recent ratings
- Maharatna- 10
CPSEs are one of the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) where Central Government has direct holding of more than 51%. And through the different criteria laid down by the central government, these CPSEs have been classified into three different categories- Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna.
There is a dedicated department that looks into the affairs of PSUs or public sector undertakings known as the Department of Public Enterprise (DPE), earlier known as the Bureau of Public enterprise as well.
The department has the authority to set guidelines and policies that are evaluating criterion for the performance of the CPSEs. The measure it with the parameters that the central government as proposed so that the titles or the statuses are given on a fair evaluation on which company will be awarded the Maharatna, Navaratna, or even the Miniratna.
The Criteria For Getting A Maharatna
There is are again categories of 1 and 2 for the above statuses. Let’s ponder onto the eligibility criterion which is crucial for determining the Maharatna status of the company
- Should be listed company in the stock exchange
- Should have an average turnover of Rs.25,000cr.
- The average net profit of the company should be Rs.5000cr.
- The average net worth of the company has to be Rs. 15,000cr in the last three years
- Should already by a Navaratna PSU to be awarded the Maharatna
The Criteria For Getting A Navaratna status
Given below are the criteria an organisation needs to fufill to get the Navratna Status:
- Should already have Miniratna status
- Also has to have a rating of either very good or excellent for three of the five years that are taken into consideration
- There are parameters for which the company will be scored, and an ideal score of 60 and above out of 100 can avail the Navaratna title.
This Parameter includes 6 indicators which have a maximum weight of 100 as follows:
|Performance Indicators||Maximum Weight|
|Net Profit to Net worth||25|
|Manpower Cost to total Cost of Production or Cost of Services||15|
|PBDIT to Capital employed||15|
|PBIT to Turnover||15|
|Earning Per Share||10|
|Inter Sectoral Performance||20|
The Criteria For Getting A Miniratna
Apparently, there are only two conditions that need to be fulfilled to earn the Miniratna status.
- The PSUs which happen to make profits three years in a row
- And the company should have a positive net worth
List of Maharatna & Navratna Companies
Given below is the List Of Maharatna & Navratna Companies:
|Maharatna Companies in India||Navaratna companies in India|
|Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited||Bharat Electronics Limited|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited||Container Corporation of India Limited|
|Coal India Limited||Hindustan Aeronautics Limited|
|GAIL India Limited||Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited|
|Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited||National Aluminium Company Limited|
|Indian Oil Corporation Limited||NBCC India Limited|
|NTPC Limited||NMDC limited|
|Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited||NLC India Limited|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Limited||Oil India Limited|
|Steel Authority of India Limited||Power Finance Corporation Limited|
|Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited|
|Rural Electrification Corporation Limited|
|Shipping Corporation Of India Limited|
|Engineers India Limited|
- Global Startup Ecosystems Ranking 2020 released
- THE Young University Ranking 2020 released
- China-Japan: Senkaku Islands Dispute
List of Miniratna Companies
Miniratna Category – I CPSEs
- Airports Authority of India
- Antrix Corporation Limited
- Balmer Lawrie & Co. Limited
- Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Bharat Dynamics Limited
- BEML Limited
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- Bridge & Roof Company (India) Limited
- Central Warehousing Corporation
- Central Coalfields Limited
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Limited
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Cochin Shipyard Limited
- Cotton Corporation of India Limited
- EdCIL (India) Limited
- Kamarajar Port Limited
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited
- Goa Shipyard Limited
- Hindustan Copper Limited
- HLL Lifecare Limited
- Hindustan Newsprint Limited
- Hindustan Paper Corporation Limited
- Housing & Urban Development Corporation Limited
- HSCC (India) Limited
- India Tourism Development Corporation Limited
- Indian Rare Earths Limited
- Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited
- Indian Railway Finance Corporation Limited
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited
- India Trade Promotion Organization
- IRCON International Limited
- KIOCL Limited
- Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
- MOIL Limited
- Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemical Limited
- Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited
- Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited
- MMTC Limited
- MSTC Limited
- National Fertilizers Limited
- National Projects Construction Corporation Limited
- National Small Industries Corporation Limited
- National Seeds Corporation
- NHPC Limited
- Northern Coalfields Limited
- North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited
- Numaligarh Refinery Limited
- ONGC Videsh Limited
- Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited
- Projects & Development India Limited
- Railtel Corporation of India Limited
- Rail Vikas Nigam Limited
- Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Limited
- RITES Limited
- SJVN Limited
- Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited
- South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Telecommunications Consultants India Limited
- THDC India Limited
- Western Coalfields Limited
- WAPCOS Limited
Miniratna Category-II CPSEs
- Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India
- Bharat Pumps & Compressors Limited
- Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited
- Central Railside Warehouse Company Limited
- Engineering Projects (India) Limited
- FCI Aravali Gypsum & Minerals India Limited
- Ferro Scrap Nigam Limited
- HMT (International) Limited
- Indian Medicines & Pharmaceuticals Corporation Limited
- MECON Limited
- National Film Development Corporation Limited
- Rajasthan Electronics & Instruments Limited
|SBI PO 2020||IBPS PO 2020||SBI Clerk 2020||IBPS Clerk 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020||RBI Assistant 2020||LIC AAO & AE||SEBI Grade A 2020|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are CPSEs?
Ans: Central Public Sector Enterprises are specifically chosen for these titles.
Q. Why are Maharatna and Navaratna statuses given?
Ans: They are given to PSU companies which have had an exemplary performance.
Q. How can the companies qualify for the titles?
Ans: The companies can qualify for the title if they fulfill the listed parameters.
Q. Who decides the eligibility factors?
Ans: The Department of Enterprise decides the eligibility factors.
Q. Who has set the parameters for Maharatna and Navaratnas?
Ans: The Central Government of India sets the parameters.