World Malaria Day 2020- Malaria is a disease spread by the anopheles mosquitoes found mostly in the tropical and equatorial regions of the world. Since a considerable portion of the world population of the world resides in those parts, you will find that it is one of the causes of a large number of deaths. The world health organization planned an international observance for commemorating a day for this cause. It is for recognizing the global efforts of controlling malaria in 106 countries with 3.3 billion at risk of getting affected.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
- DAKSH | Maths Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams | Bilingual | Live Classes
- RBI GRADE B COMBO BATCH Phase I and Phase II Bilingual Live Classes
Why is it observed?
The plasmodium parasitic virus which gets transmitted through mosquito bites is risking the lives of half of the world’s population. The good news is that this disease is preventable as well as curable. The focus of celebrating this day is to help the low-income countries to combat the disease as they have suffered a large number of casualties because of malaria.
World Malaria Day Theme 2020
The theme for the year 2020 by the WHO for World Malaria Day is “Zero malaria starts with me”. This year the world is also battling with COVID-19 and hence WHO has also kept a segment on “Malaria & COVID-19” on its official website- Click here to visit the official WHO Page on World Malaria Day.
|SBI PO 2020: Preparation Tips, Strategy, & Study Plan||Best Approach Towards Solving Error Detection In Banking Exam||How to Target SBI PO 2020|
World malaria day began in May 2007 to provide education and understanding about malaria. The world malaria report has reported a significant fall in the number of deaths over the years. It is because of the efforts put in by world bodies, NGOs and governments of respective countries have resolved to fight against the disease through various measures such as
- Malarial control strategies
- Community-based activities of educating people about the disease
- Prevention and treatment in the endemic regions
Before world malaria day came into being Africa Malaria Day was first to host such a day from 2001. It was because the continent had the largest number of affected countries, along with most deaths due to malaria in the world.
Objective of World Malaria Day
The most significant breakthrough for making this day happen was to
- Create awareness about malaria
- And advocate for policy changes
Here grassroots organizations, multinational organizations, and large corporations come together on this global platform to work together to find ways to save the world from malaria menace.
They have different themes for commemorating this day.
How this day has helped countries
- Projects have been headlined for the acceleration in developing the malaria vaccine
- Identifying open water sources that are the breeding ground for malarial mosquitoes and prevent the vector-borne disease
- Use of bed nets in preventing the spread
- Distribution of anti-malarial drugs
Significance of World Malaria Day
This day is used to get together people from all walks of life. To contribute in some way or the other, to help eradicate the disease, which is totally treatable, and millions of lives every year can be saved.
The idea is to fundraise money that can be utilized for
- Helping developing countries to fight malaria
- Find drugs and make testing possible
- Get them the needed resources for prevention of the disease
- Get policy changes in various regions of the world
- Getting more people to join hands to see that more people receive treatment
- Finding measures to control the disease
|What is MCLR?||Bank Cheques: Different Types of Cheques and its features||What Are NBFC And Their Functions|
Several public awareness campaigns use media to get the word to the people and those who have the authority to make the changes possible through
In some of the member countries, there is a whole week dedicated to malaria prevention and control, along with other activities that are part of the fight against malaria program. It is an effort to help save lives and by which communities and economies can once again thrive by reducing the impact of malaria disease.
Every year the fight gets more stronger with each nation helping the other and having won significantly over the years to bring down the spread and deaths caused by malaria.