| Updated On August 28th, 2020 at 02:05 pm
Vice President of India 2020:- The Vice-President of India is the 2nd highest constitutional body after the President. The vice-President of India is elected by the members of an electoral college containing the members of both houses of the Parliament. They are also the ex-officio chairman of the Rajya Sabha. According to Article 65 of the Constitution, the Vice-President of India acts as President in the absence of the president. If you are a banking aspirant or preparing for any competitive exam then it is expected that you must have some basic general awareness. For banking aspirants, having static general awareness is important because questions do come in mains examination from this topic as well as in interview also, questions from this topic are asked. In this article, we will discuss the updated list of Vice-President Of India, Present Vice President of India, Vice President of India list and get more information related to Vice-Presidents of India.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at the best price today
This package Includes IBPS PO Study Material - Subscribe Now
About Bank Mahapack
If you are preparing for more than 1 Banking & Insurance exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for Bank & Insurance exams on Adda247.
Banking & Insurance Exams Covered in this Pack
Additionally, you can crack any private bank job exam with content in this pack.
Bank & Insurance Mahapack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 27 Months
- 1 Month
|List of Current Governors in India 2020 – Check Updated Indian Governors of states And UTs||Salary Of President & Vice-President Of India|
Vice President of India List
M. Venkaiah Naidu is the present vice president of India. Given below is the complete Vice-President of India list along with their respective tenure:
|Vice – President of India||Term of office|
|Zakir Hussain||13 May 1962 – 12 May 1967|
|V. V. Giri||13 May 1967 – 3 May 1969|
|Gopal Swarup Pathak||31 August 1969 – 30 August 1974|
|B. D. Jatti||31 August 1974 – 30 August 1979|
|Mohammad Hidayatullah||31 August 1979 – 30 August 1984|
|R. Venkataraman||31 August 1984 – 24 July 1987|
|Shankar Dayal Sharma||3 September 1987 – 24 July 1992|
|K. R. Narayanan||21 August 1992 – 24 July 1997|
|Krishan Kant||21 August 1997 – 27 July 2002|
|Bhairon Singh Shekhawat||19 August 2002 – 21 July 2007|
|Mohammad Hamid Ansari||
|Venkaiah Naidu||11 August 2017 – Incumbent|
Eligibility Criteria: Vice-President of India
- He/she must be a citizen of India.
- He/She must not be less than of 35 years.
- He/She must be eligible for election as a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- In order to be eligible, he/she must not be a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- Candidate should not hold any office of profit
Election Process: Vice-President of India
In India, The Vice-President is elected by an electoral college in which only the Members from Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha can vote. Along with the elected members of the two Houses, the nominated members such as the ones from Anglo-Indian community are also allowed to cast their votes. It is important for a candidate to get atleast 393 votes out of 785 votes ( more than 50% of votes ) which is the combined strength of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha to win the election,
Role: Vice-President of India
As per the Constitution of India, the Vice President is the ‘ex-officio’ Chairperson of the Rajya Sabha. The Vice President’s role mainly includes the assistance of President in being the nominated head of the country. The role of President and Vice-president cannot be carried out by one person. In the absence of president, the Vice-president can carry out the duties of a President.
Powers and Functions: Vice-President of India
The Vice President of India, is the second-highest official of India, after the president. Given below are some of the powers of Vice-president of India:
- Vice-president can carry out the duties of President in case of the temporary absence of the President due to illness or any other cause. Vice-president is even given the same emoluments for that specific period as that of President.
- In case of emergency like: Sudden demise of the ongoing President or impeachment then the Vice President shall take over the duties of the President until a new President is elected and resumes office.
Salary: Vice-President of India
The salary of Vice-president has been revised recently and after the revision the current salary of Vice-president after the hike is 4 Lakh which was 1.25 Lakh earlier. Vice-president of India also enjoys the salary and perks of a president while carrying out his duties in his absence. Not just the great salary but there are other perks as well which makes this post apart from all other official posts.
- Bank Extreme | Complete Preparation for Bank Exams
- WARRIOR 3.0 | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams | Bilingual | Live Class
|SBI PO 2020||IBPS PO 2020||SBI Clerk 2020||IBPS Clerk 2020|
|RBI Grade B 2020||RBI Assistant 2020||LIC AAO & AE||SEBI Grade A 202|