Important Days and Dates- 8th June to 14th June 2020
- World Day Against Child Labour is observed globally on 12th June every year.
- The World Accreditation Day (WAD) is celebrated globally on 9th June every year to highlight and promote the role of accreditation in trade & economy. The theme for WAD 2020 was “Accreditation: Improving Food Safety”.
- World Ocean Day is observed globally on 8th June every year. The theme of World Oceans Day 2020 is “Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean.”
- United Nations celebrates World Food Safety Day on 7 June every year. The theme for 2020 is “Food safety, everyone’s business”.
- World Brain Tumour day is observed globally on 8th of June every year.
- International Albinism Awareness Day is observed on 13th June every year. The theme of International Albinism Awareness Day 2020: ‘Made To Shine’.
Important Days and Dates- 1st June to 7th June 2020
- World Health Organization (WHO) celebrates World No Tobacco Day every year on 31st May.
- United Nations celebrates Global Day of Parents on 1st of June every year to honour all the parents throughout the world.
- The Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations celebrates World Milk Day every year on 01st June to recognize the importance of milk as a global food, and to celebrate the dairy sector. The theme of World Milk Day 2020 is “20th Anniversary of World Milk Day”.
- United Nations celebrates World Bicycle Day every year on 3rd June to advance the use of the bicycle as a means of fostering sustainable development.
- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed globally on 4th June every year.
- World Environment Day is observed globally on 5th June every year. This day is observed to raise awareness about protecting the environment and to remind people not to take nature granted. World Environment Day 2020 will be celebrated with the theme Biodiversity. World Environment Day is promoted by the United Nation and for 2020 Colombia will host the World Environment Day.
- UnitedNations celebrates Russian Language Day every year on 6 June to raise awareness of the history, culture and development of each of the six official languages of the UN: Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, English and French. Russian Language Day is celebrated on the birthday of the great Russian poet S. Pushkin.
- International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing is organized every year on 5th June. According to the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) illegal, unreported and unregulated fishing activities are responsible for the loss of 11–26 million tonnes of fish each year, which is estimated to have an economic value of US$10–23 billion.
Important Days and Dates- 25th May to 31st May 2020
- World Digestive Health Day is observed globally on 29th May every year. Theme for the World Digestive Health Day 2020 campaign is “Gut Microbiome: A Global Perspective.”
- World Hunger Day is observed globally on 28 May every year to raise awareness about more than 820 million people living in chronic hunger worldwide.
- International Day of Action for Women’s Health is observed globally on May 28 every year to promote the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of all women all over the world.
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers is observed globally on 29 May every year to honour all the women and men who have served as military, police or civilians in UN Peacekeeping operations. Theme for year 2020: “Women in Peacekeeping: A Key to Peace”.
- World Thyroid Day is observed globally on 25 May every year to aware of the importance of Thyroid and the prevention and treatment of thyroid diseases.
- International Missing Children’s Day is observed globally on 25th May every year.
- International Missing Children’s Day is observed globally on 25th May every year.
- International Everest Day is being observed on 29th May.
Important Days and Dates- 18th May to 24th May 2020
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is observed globally on 17th May every year. The theme of World Telecommunication and Information Society Day of 2020: “Connect 2030: ICTs for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”.
- World Hypertension Day is observed globally on 17th May every year. The theme for World Hypertension Day 2020: Measure Your Blood Pressure, Control It, Live Longer.
- International Museum Day is celebrated every year on 18 May to raise awareness about the fact that, “Museums are an important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures and development of mutual understanding, cooperation and peace among peoples.” The International Museum Day 2020 was celebrated with the theme “Museums for Equality: Diversity and Inclusion”.
- World Bee Day is observed globally on 20th May every year. On this date, 20 May, the pioneer of beekeeping Anton Janša was born in 1734 in Slovenia. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, a virtual event held under the theme “Bee Engaged”.
- International Tea Day is observed globally May 21 on the recommendation of India.
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is observed globally on 21 May every year.
- World Metrology Day is observed globally on 20th May every year. This year theme for World Metrology Day: Measurements for global trade.
- Anti Terrorism Day 2020 is observed on 21st May every year in India. The day marks the death anniversary of India’s seventh Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on 21 May 1991. He was killed in Tamil Nadu in a campaign by the Tamil Tigers Eelam (LTTE) a terrorist group. After this assassination, V.P. Singh government has decided to observe 21st May as Anti Terrorism Day.
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day (HVAD) is observed globally on 18 May every year. This day is also known as World AIDS Vaccine Day. This day provide an opportunity to educate communities about the importance of preventive HIV vaccine research. As effective and safe preventive HIV vaccine will help to end the HIV pandemic. National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) leads this observance.
- United Nations celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity on 22 May every year to raise awareness about the issue of significant reduction in biological diversity due to certain human activities. Theme for year 2020 is “Our solutions are in nature”.
Important Days and Dates- 4th May to 10th May 2020
- World Press Freedom Day is observed globally on 3 May every year. It is also known as World Press Day. The theme of World Press Freedom Day 2020 is “Journalism without Fear or Favour”.
- International Firefighters’ Day is observed globally on May 4 every year. This day is celebrated since 1999, to recognise and honour the sacrifices that firefighters make to ensure that their communities and environment are as safe as possible. The day was instituted, after the deaths of five firefighters in tragic circumstances in a bushfire in Australia on 2 December 1998.
- International Day of the Midwife is observed globally on 5 May every year since 1992. The theme for 2020 International Day of the Midwife is Midwives with women: celebrate, demonstrate, mobilise, unite – our time is NOW!.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has marked 5 May as World Hand Hygiene Day. The theme of the campaign is “SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands”.
- World Asthma Day is observed every year on the 1st Tuesday of May. This year, World Asthma Day is observed on May 5, 2020. The theme for 2020 is ‘Enough Asthma Deaths’.
- Vesak Day 2020 is observed globally on 7 May. Vesak, the Day of Full Moon is the most sacred day to the Buddhists all over the world. On this day, Lord Gautham Buddha attained enlightenment. The Day is commemorated by the United Nations every year.
- The World Athletics Day-2020 is observed on the 7 May. The date is subject to adjustment, the date of World Athletics Day is decided by the IAAF, however, the month stays the same as May. The first World Athletics Day was observed in 1996.
- World Red Cross Day is observed globally on 8 May every year. This day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of the Red Cross and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) founder, Henry Dunant. Henry Dunant was born on 8th May, 1828 and also was the winner of Nobel Peace prize.
- Every year during May 8-9, the United Nations marks the Time of Remembrance and reconciliation for those who lost their lives during the Second World War. The day pays tribute to all the victims of the Second World War. This year is the 75th Anniversary of World War II.
- World Thalassaemia Day is observed globally on 8 May every year. The World Thalassaemia Day 2020 theme: “The dawning of a new era for thalassaemia: Time for a global effort to make novel therapies accessible and affordable to patients”.
- The International Astronomy Day is celebrated twice a year (bi-annual), once in the spring(in May 2, 2020) & another in autumn(in October 5, 2020).
|GA Bag For SBI Clerk Mains 2020||List of Indian States and UTs in Terms of GDP||New Seven Wonders of the World||SBI Careers: SBI Recruitment 2020, Notification,|
Important Days and Dates- 27th April to 3rd May 2020
- International Labour Day 2020 observed globally on 1st May every year. It is also known as International Worker’s Day and May Day.
- India celebrates Ayushman Bharat Diwas on 30th April to promote affordable medical facilities in remote areas of the country based on the Socio-Economic Caste Census database.
- International Jazz Day is observed globally on 30 April every year to create awareness around the world of the virtues of jazz as a force of peace, unity, dialogue, and enhanced cooperation among people, and an educational tool.
- International Dance Day is observed globally on 29 April every year.
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work is observed globally on 28 April every year to promote the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally and raise awareness to ensure health and safety at the workplace.
- World Immunization Week 2020 will be observed from 24th April to 30th April 2020. It is observed every year in the last week of April to encourage the use of vaccines in order to protect the people of all ages against disease. The theme of World Immunization Week 2020 is #VaccinesWork for All.
- World Intellectual Property Day is observed globally on April 26 every year. The theme of day is “Innovate for a Green Future”.
- World Tuna Day is observed globally on 2nd May every year to raise awareness about the importance of tuna fish.
- International Workers’ Memorial Day is observed globally on 28 April every year. The theme for International Workers’ Memorial Day 2020: Coronavirus.
Important Days– 20th April to 26th April 2020
- UN Chinese Language Day is observed globally on April 20 every year. The day has been chosen to pay tribute to Cangjie, who is a mythical figure who is presumed to have invented Chinese characters about 5,000 years ago.
- World Liver day is observed on 19 April every year. The day is observed to spread awareness about the liver-related disease. The liver is the second largest and the most complex organ in the body, with the exception of the brain.
- World Creativity and Innovation Day is observed globally on 21 April every year.
- The Government of India celebrates Civil Services Day on 21st April every year. The day was celebrated for the first time on 21 April 2006. Civil Services Day is celebrated on this day to commemorate the address of the first Home Minister of Independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel to the probationers of Administrative Services Officers in 1947 at Metcalf House, Delhi.
- Earth Day or International Mother Earth Day is observed globally on 22 April every year. The theme of Earth Day 2020: Climate Action.
Important Days- 13th April to 19th April 2020
- World Hemophilia Day is observed globally on 17 April every year to raise awareness for hemophilia and other bleeding disorders. The theme of World Haemophilia Day 2020: “Get + Involved”.
- World Art Day is celebrated globally on 15 April every year to promote the development, diffusion and enjoyment of art.
- World Chagas Disease Day observed globally on 14 April to increase awareness of Chagas disease and to marked as a day to spread awareness about this “silent and silenced disease”. It was celebrated for the 1st time.
- The International Day of Human Space Flight 2020 observed globally on April 12 every year.
- World Heritage Day 2020 observed globally on 18 April every year to preserve the human heritage and to recognise all the efforts of relevant organizations. The theme of World Heritage Day 2020 is “Shared Culture’, ‘Shared heritage’ and ‘Shared responsibility”.
|Current Affairs Quiz||Daily GK Updates||Current Affairs One-Liners||Coronavirus Updates|
Important Days- 6th April to 12th April 2020
- National Maritime Day in India is observed on 5 April every year. This year is 57th edition of the National Maritime Day.
- The United Nations declares April 5 as International Day of Conscience. This day serves to remind people to self-reflect, follow their conscience, and do the right things. April 5, 2020, will mark the first International Day of Conscience, which is a United Nations day.
- The United Nations celebrates 6th of April every year as the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace.
- The World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated on 7 April every year. The Theme of World Health Day 2020: Support Nurses And Midwives.
- International Day of Reflection on the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda observed globally on 7 April every year.
- World Homoeopathy Day observed globally on 10 April every year to mark the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr Samuel Hahnemann. The theme of 2020 is “Linking research with education and clinical practice: Advancing scientific collaborations”.
- National Safe Motherhood Day is observed on April 11 every year. At the request of WRAI, an alliance of 1800 organizations, in 2003, the Government of India declared April 11th, the anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi’s birth, as National Safe Motherhood Day.
Important Days- 30th March to 5th April 2020
- World Autism Awareness Day was observed globally on 2 April with the theme ‘The Transition to Adulthood’.
- International Transgender Day of Visibility is being observed globally on 31st March every year to celebrate transgender people and raising awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide, as well as a celebration of their contributions to society.
- International Mine Awareness Day observed globally on 4 April every year to raise awareness about landmines and progress toward their eradication.